This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Discussions under Feature Requests

Veracrypt GPT full disk encryption?

first post: some42chad wrote: I tried full disk encryption with this program on GPT drive multipl...

VeraCrypt Format.exe command line switch /keyfile (encrypt with keyfile)

first post: Alex1253 wrote: The veracrypt.exe has the command line option /keyfile to mount a v...

latest post: feenes wrote: Hi, I'm also very interested in this feature. In fact what I need...

Destroy key

first post: Crypix wrote: The outer container has 2 passwords. Password #1 accesses the oute...

latest post: Garfield2 wrote: **jetelina wrote:** > Hi, > I also had idea like this, but note th...

Option to specify an offset into a container file both in GUI and CL

first post: chatumao wrote: This way containers can be appended to normal files, which would re...

Linux Documentation

first post: AdrianKIT wrote: It's high time there was some Linux documentation on the Veracrypt ...

Include chacha20 as cipher

first post: top_q2 wrote: Hi, are there plans to make chacha20 a cipher choice? Is this eve...

Keyboard shortcut for TrueCrypt Mode in mount dialog

first post: jetelina wrote: Hi, when you are mounting encrypted volume in Windows you have add...

A way to specify mapper name in /dev/mapper?

first post: averacryptuser wrote: Is there a way to specify veracrypt mapper name in /dev/mapper/ ins...

Encryption two drives

first post: init_ wrote: Hi! I want to crypt my two hard drives (not two partitions on one h...

Mounting a decrypted VeraCrypt partition to a folder.

first post: TheDcoder wrote: Hello! As the title of this thread, Is it possible to mount a decry...

latest post: TheDcoder wrote: So far only 0 BTC donated :( Another concern, CodePlex is shutting...

Plase add cascades with new hash algorithms

first post: VCuser wrote: Plase add cascades with new encryption algorithms that has been add...

latest post: Lurkios wrote: I'd recommend depreciating cascades, personally. The few times I've...

Installation guide

first post: thany2 wrote: Please add an installation guide, especially for Linux. The BZ2 a...

Cancel Mounting

first post: jambeam7 wrote: Can a Cancel button be added to the mounting dialog? Please wait....

latest post: kavsrf wrote: it requires modification of kernel driver. I can not for now. http...

Bootloader Splash Screen

first post: techrn wrote: Provide a 'nice' boot screen for password input and progress bar fo...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: There is possibility for picture password. details: https://source...

Pls fix Win10 veracrypt NTFS volume label problem

first post: richard_leow wrote: DIsplay incorrect NTFS volume label

VeraCrypt bootloader timeout

first post: Dedal wrote: Following the FAQ we can enable the option 'Do not show any texts i...

latest post: Dedal wrote: Thanks kavsrf, I do not need a special build. I assume then there's...

Always Display Password

first post: Justus_T wrote: Hey everyone, would it be possible to implement an option so that...

latest post: SHBouwhuis wrote: This has been a grief of mine for a long time. I really don't under...

Legacy processor support?

first post: SilverSolver wrote: I am very optimistic about the VeraCrypt project, but have some con...

Automount on Windows 7 after power down mode

first post: BlackGuest wrote: At first sorry, the Search function dosnt work at the moment. Is ...

[Security risk] Veracrypt remembering last opened location

first post: Europa2010AD wrote: Even though I have "Never save history" enabled (and it works prope...

latest post: Europa2010AD wrote: **kavsrf wrote:** > Probably this is Fast startup aka Hybrid boot a...

My Volume not opened with the correct password

first post: StarStarr wrote: I selected my correct volume and wrote the correct password but th...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: Try "use backup header" option

Hidden os with encrypted os

first post: Aroly7 wrote: Hi is there any possibility to create encrypted os and like: C:\ -...

latest post: Aroly7 wrote: Hi kavsrf, I get over it I have created vm in hidden volume, but th...

External boot loader

first post: shapeless wrote: I'd like to ask you guys to make it possible to install the boot lo...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: It is possible but requires manual configuration of disk and loader.

Veracrypt format password

first post: T5Martin wrote: Basically, since governments are putting people in prison for faili...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: You spoke about area - steganography steganography - In real word ...

veracrypt volume in multiple files...

first post: cbeerse wrote: Veracrypt as a partition can grow to terabyte size. However, veracr...

latest post: Alex512 wrote: 1. With all due respect to cbeerse and all new suggestions, but why...

Support For F2FS Filesystem

first post: Trioxin wrote: The F2FS filesystem is available in Linux kernel and would be a gre...

latest post: cbeerse wrote: As far as I see F2FS, it is tailor made for use on samsung ssd-s. H...

2 Factor Authentication

first post: maff00 wrote: I love this piece of software. Please add google 2FA. Also it wo...

latest post: cbeerse wrote: Some kind of 2 factor authentication can be nice. This can be yubik...

New Encryption Cipher

first post: grondinm wrote: I'm always one for using the lesser used things so for that reason ...

latest post: cbeerse wrote: From a development point of view, I'd say veracrypt cannot add ever...

Using VeraCrypt though CMD or Terminal to create encrypted File containers ...

first post: Le_Test wrote: Dear All , I am really new to this so please bare with me , So...

latest post: cbeerse wrote: The above just somehow got me hooked. I'm in the process of definin...

A "safe" open source password manager (?)

first post: lalalalo wrote: VeraCrypt is truly a great software, I think that a great complemen...

latest post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: Have you looked at KeePass? http://keepass.info/

The most perfect encryption algorithm...

first post: Eloquence wrote: Was recently completed the development of a new encryption algorith...

latest post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: **ehheh1000 wrote:** > This got taken out of VeraCrypt, right? I'm...

Native App for MacOS?

first post: faldrich wrote: What are the technical challenges in getting VeraCrypt in a native ...

Detect encryption status

first post: ericb88 wrote: Is it possible to detect from within an operating system running on...

Headerless volumes

first post: ibavaresco wrote: Hi, I'm a long time user of TryeCrypt (still using it) and am not...

latest post: george51 wrote: Kavsrf - thank you for the reply! For me the benefit would be bei...

Full disk encryption when computer does not boot from partition system

first post: frodomo wrote: Hello everyone, I just tried to encrypt my system partition but t...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: System partition can have links to recovery partitions because of w...

Move the encryption key from memory to CPU

first post: johnnyfly wrote: I've seen this: https://www1.cs.fau.de/tresor «TRESOR is a secure...

latest post: Alex512 wrote: I think a very easy, though not really neat solution for the evil m...

Dismount Non-System Favorites button or hot-key option

first post: ohleegotscrewed wrote: Would like to see implemented a button at bottom of Veracrypt windo...

keyboard shortcuts for hash algorithms

first post: testoslav wrote: Hello, I think it would be great to have the possibility to pick th...

latest post: testoslav wrote: I have created issue, I'd be glad if you could vote there: https://...

VC or TC setting for favourites

first post: malam wrote: Hello, could you please provide a setting in VC's favourites to s...

latest post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: Hello, 1.20 Beta has added this feature request. https://sourcefo...

Suggested Feature: Add "Use Keyfiles" to favorites parameters.

first post: SteveInCO wrote: Suggested Feature. Add a flag that will check/uncheck "Use Keyfile...

No wrong password message on command line usage

first post: marctaylor wrote: Hello, I use veracrypt in command line(non graphic enviroment), but...

latest post: testoslav wrote: That's indeed strange, here it works fine: me@debian:~$ sudo veracr...

Provide means to reduce the utterly LUDICROUS delay logging in after encryption.

first post: Bearded_Blunder wrote: I fully understand the reasoning behind increasing the iteration co...

latest post: Alex512 wrote: Why so aggressive.... i dont think BB made such a bad comments afte...

maximise VC window on start up

first post: cecr wrote: using win 7 & VC 1.19 on start up, the VC window/mount volume dial...

latest post: u3zVtqcCZ3byWe6I9 wrote: You can also Select your 'Favorite' partitions OR even set-up an 'a...

cached password mounting way slower than uncached (bug?)

first post: testoslav wrote: Hi, I noticed, that when I use password caching and specify PKCS al...

Sounds and Displays

first post: WRVeraCrypt wrote: It would be nice (but not urgent) to have an icon that has CLEAR di...

latest post: cecr wrote: There have been several comments on the icons. I'm using 1.19 and t...

Drive clone into mounted container

first post: LuckyFellow wrote: Drive cloning tools can not restore / clone to a mounted container....

How about adding a utility to build a custom encryted system ?

first post: Alplaza wrote: Well I'm thinking of something like this . Now we if we need to use...

FDE with Windows Update

first post: wilkie323 wrote: I know right know that if full disk encryption is being used, it mu...

Bootloader USB keyboard support

first post: DmitryMS wrote: Hello! Please add if possible USB-keyboard support at bootloader ...

favorites - TrueCrypt mode

first post: onlineuser wrote: Hello, why is it not possible to save a favorite with the "use Tr...

latest post: DimmY wrote: Join the question.

Linux - user group and container mount directories.

first post: GeorgeWest wrote: I have two matters to inquire about in Linux: Prior versions had ...

Mount volume in empty NTFS folder

first post: HarrySeldon wrote: Thank You very much for Your great work and A:, B: letters. I have ...

latest post: TheDcoder wrote: Hello, I have already made a thread in the past regarding this feat...

Will it ever be possible to encrypt Linux system?

first post: Victorab wrote: Hello, I would like to know if someday it will be possible to encr...

latest post: Victorab wrote: That's true and I'll use dm-crypt. However it doesn't have VC optio...

No support for GUID Partition

first post: qaz wrote: Well as i suspected and sadly disappointed i downloaded veracrypt ...

latest post: DanMorin wrote: I had a similar issue and converted my SSD system drive from __GPT_...

Add XTS-AES encryption with 384 bit (IEEE 1619)

first post: johnnyfly wrote: "XTS-AES is a tweakable block cipher that acts on data units of 128...

UEFI system encryption with SSD

first post: JohnBrower wrote: Hey guys, I try encrypt my Windows 10 partition with the new system...

latest post: DanMorin wrote: I had the same issue and wrote a step-by-step guide at http://www....

Full Disk Encryption Win7 with GPT Disks

first post: DaHool wrote: Hey friends, I got a serious problem and need a workaround: I wo...

latest post: DanMorin wrote: Thank you DaHoll for posting the link to http://www.sevenforums.com...

Free PIM setting, regardless of password length, pleaaaase?

first post: raugerx wrote: Hi, First of all, congratulations to Idriss and the other contrib...

latest post: raugerx wrote: I don't have the knowledge and background to get into taht kind of ...

Question about the hosting of the Veracrypt Project

first post: New32 wrote: I'm not sure if this falls under a feature request, but upon downlo...

latest post: New32 wrote: Thanks for the info. I haven't been familiar with veracrypt for lo...

Please add new encryption algorithms, and the cascades. RU+EN

first post: VC_User wrote: Пожалуйста добавьте новые алгоритмы шифрования Blowfish, Threefish,...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: Кузнечик, ГОСТ89 и стрибог добавлялся по моей инициативе. К сожале...

I think you need to implement KMIP client

first post: MrAloof wrote: Support for the KMIP Protocol would be very useful. It is very con...

private encryption algorithmn

first post: Achy wrote: hello the feature I propose, is the ability to use a custom encry...

Cloud: Split File Containers into small files.

first post: jucardi wrote: It would be amazing to be able to create file contaners which are s...

latest post: gasparovic wrote: I hope VC implements this feature, containers split into multiple f...

Regarding Windows EFI system encryption

first post: 85215144657863007 wrote: The VeraCrypt developers have done a wonderful job of bringing this...

incorrect password i think i forget password

first post: forgetmypasswor wrote: can crack it or fix? please help me there important files like m...

Any plans for multi-volume encrypted (sparse) file container?

first post: gasparovic wrote: Are there any plans for having multi-volume encrypted file containe...

Graphics driver problems

first post: GoodPriest wrote: Hi! FIrst I would like to thank everyone involved with this great...

Command Line Usage Documentation

first post: AdrianKIT wrote: If it doesn't matter in what order parameters are specified, wouldn...

USB encryption

first post: Rek3beef21 wrote: Hay! I have a feature that I would like to see in veracrypt. I woul...

latest post: NumDeP wrote: Rek3beef21, testoslav, can I ask what is your opinion of this beca...

Concerns about WIMboot tablets.

first post: GoodSense wrote: Are tablets that use WIMboot secure with the current Veracrypt v1.1...

latest post: GoodSense wrote: That's fine. So can I encrypt my system? Or will It leak data. Keep...

Mounted volume access rights - should be readable only by current user

first post: KonstantinG11 wrote: Volume is mounted with access rights allowing all users of PC to ha...

latest post: Timomc wrote: We would need the same feature. Users are connected via Citrix and ...

veracrypt custom Pre-boot text

first post: lpdescamps wrote: hi in truecrypt i could set a custom text instead of having passw...

latest post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: If you are using MBR and Legacy booting in the BIOS, yes you can se...

Please add the ability to create arbitrary encryption chains

first post: bugmenot2 wrote: Please add the ability to create arbitrary encryption chains. For e...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: We are discussing the possibility https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/...

Workaround for Hardware AES on Server with Hyper-V

first post: beefjerky9 wrote: It seems that when Hyper-V is enabled on older versions of Windows ...

latest post: beefjerky9 wrote: **idrassi wrote:** > Thank you for your tests. > Indeed, I forgot t...

Please include Microsoft-Signed Boot Loader for Windows UEFI and Secure Boot Support

first post: oliverjia wrote: Dear IDRIX, Would it be possible to have Microsoft Sign the VeraCry...

latest post: continentalop wrote: It may not do you personally any good (but you never know) but as...

VeraCrypt containers and modification date

first post: frodomo wrote: Hello everyone, So I tried VeraCrypt a couple month ago and found...

latest post: frodomo wrote: Thank you for your help! I had overlooked that one.

answered by: Enigma2Illusion wrote: In VeraCrypt main window, go to Settings > Preferences, and look fo...

Prevent tempering by users

first post: agowa338 wrote: Hello, I would suggest to add the use of the TPM to verify the bo...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: there is serious difference: TPM 1.2 is separate chip. TPM 2.0 is f...

Please add a new Symmetric Algorithm

first post: johnnyfly wrote: Add a new completely independent symmetric cipher from "standards b...

Inquiries

first post: Jamal2016 wrote: Hello Folks, I have few questions regarding Veracrypt: 1 - In ...

latest post: continentalop wrote: 1-Of course not. That would defeat the whole purpose. As someone on...

VeraCrypt to logon with windows 10 hello

first post: PSDesigns wrote: As all of us, we need to remember a lot of passwords today in this ...

latest post: PSDesigns wrote: I tried several options in the settings menu, nothing seems to work...

Hidden OS: Windows 7 on a Windows 10

first post: Journoseeth wrote: I am wondering whether it is practical to encrypt a laptop with a W...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: We are working on new hidden OS possibility Demo video of our prog...

Cant encrypt system partition

first post: Raggie wrote: Hey guys, I want to encrypt my hole Systempartition, but there is...

latest post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: Hello, This feature is in beta. See the link below. https://verac...

TRNG for Random Pool

first post: Manjusri wrote: When formatting a volume, rather than moving the mouse, I would lik...

latest post: continentalop wrote: Essentially, you can do this with the text interface now. I don't k...

Port VC to managed code / .NET Core / UWP+Xamarin ??

first post: EricBleher wrote: Hello, with the target of making VC more portable and available on...

Add option to send shutdown events on dismount to processes whose have open files on dismounting volume

first post: KonstantinG11 wrote: Forced volume auto dismount (logout, screen lock, timeout) could br...

load keyfile(s) from archive

first post: candhill wrote: Hello, I just started using keyfiles with veracrypt and I liked the...

Error MountVolume:7336

first post: DavidZada wrote: Hello to everybody I can't mount Encrypted Partition. Known passwo...

latest post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: @charliedaemons, Sorry, my previous reply was meant for DavidZada...

answered by: Enigma2Illusion wrote: Hello, Have you tried mounting using the embedded backup header op...

Turn off PIM

first post: uVe wrote: Hi, is there anyway to turn off PIM so i only have to type the pass...

latest post: uVe wrote: **Enigma2Illusion wrote:** > Hello, > > In VeraCrypt 1.18 BETA 9 h...

answered by: Enigma2Illusion wrote: Hello, In VeraCrypt 1.18 BETA 9 has added the following to the Win...

MSI Installer

first post: joerskate2 wrote: provide a msi based installer for software packaging and silent ins...

latest post: jwest_gvb wrote: This feature or issue has to be resolved soon. I hope the devs are...

Auto-Updater

first post: Thomas717 wrote: Can we add an auto-updater to VeraCrypt? Nowadays we have to check ...

latest post: edwardotis wrote: If you came to this thread and want update notifications, please vo...

Deleting Veracrypt without losing my files.

first post: Parker1 wrote: This is the deal. I went to another country for three weeks and ne...

latest post: tangofan wrote: Hi Parker1, What do you mean exactly by "I encrypted my folders" a...

VeraCrypt and Cloud Computing

first post: AdamHe wrote: Hi, let me ask you a question what's the approach of VC to Cloud? ...

Progressive delay?

first post: ElZorro wrote: I have no need to use VeraCrypt nowadays, but I like the concept, a...

latest post: ElZorro wrote: That makes sense. Thank you for contributing.

Error: No such file or directory after wrong password (linux)

first post: testoslav wrote: It would be nice, if veracrypt could check if the mount point and c...

missing shortcut icons on desktop pointing to icons on encrypted volume

first post: Darktemp wrote: Hi, I have some shortcuts on my desktop pointing to files which ar...

latest post: Darktemp wrote: Yes correct, I still have the shortcuts. Yeah, extracting the icon...

custom icons for veracrypt ,system tray

first post: gaia85 wrote: hi i really love veracrypt i would really ask the ability to use ...

latest post: jetelina wrote: I like this idea. This would take this design brick from VeraCrypt...

RAID-1 (mirror) and VeraCrypt

first post: A920 wrote: Is it possible to do create a RAID-1 of a vercarypt volume?

Shrink Volume

first post: simgojohn wrote: Hello! Would it be possible to implement a shrink feature for volu...

sha3 - Keccak

first post: JoeBlowerd wrote: When NIST finalizes fips-202 (ie domain and other additional uses),...

latest post: atakacs wrote: Thanks for the quick update. UEFI is definitely hight on the prior...

GUI very small change

first post: pigc wrote: Hi there, I wasn't sure where to post as this is not really a featu...