This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Discussions under Technical Issues

Custom msg in pre-boot authentication screen (missing)

first post: mrleo wrote: Hello, i have two dell laptops, both encrytped with VeraCrypt 1.19...

latest post: gamerto wrote: **mrleo wrote:** > Okey I will do it and check in moment. Can you t...

Command line question...

first post: coder_chick wrote: I have a hard drive that I would like to send to employees. It will...

Pretest fails on new System

first post: vulkanodox wrote: I bought a new computer and wanted to encrypt it like my old one. ...

latest post: Tulip91 wrote: Hi vulkanodox, Please tell me is your pc setup like this - Win10 6...

answered by: vulkanodox wrote: found the solution. I had to diable the secure boot function in the...

Tried to Decrypt My Seageate 2 TB USB 3.0 (a non-system drive) on Windows and Lost all my files

first post: diegogalvao wrote: Good afternoon everyone! I tried to decrypt my My Seageate 2 TB U...

latest post: Shira7 wrote: I've been successful in the past recovering data from a somewhat si...

Unable to complete pre-test for OS partition encryption

first post: Some_Questions wrote: I'm trying to encrypt my OS partition; however, I am unable to comp...

latest post: Some_Questions wrote: Does anyone know what might be the cause and how to correct it? Or,...

Hidden volume limits to 3,61GB on Windows 10 Pro

first post: Garfield2 wrote: Hi, I am trying to encrypt a 500GB partition with a hidden volume...

latest post: Garfield2 wrote: Thank you for that Enigma2Illusion. I was not sure if linking to my...

Accidentally deleted files on my USB External Hard Disk (full-disk encryption) and Recuva doesn't work

first post: digatec wrote: Could someone please help me to recover the files I accidentally de...

latest post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: Mount the volume as read-only. Try using R-Studio.

"Windows does not appear to be installed on the drive from which it boots" Workaround?

first post: Victorab wrote: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on my Surface book (UEFI with boot o...

Veracrypt SUDDENLY password wrong! UEFI PBA

first post: ksh214 wrote: Hi, I have no clue what could have happened, here is the situation:...

latest post: ksh214 wrote: Thanks for the answer. I have no idea where the 12 seconds came fro...

Anyone here ?

first post: atakacs wrote: Hello Should we still post here or are the discussions moving to s...

latest post: atakacs wrote: Well I fully understand the concept & limitations of open source pr...

Windows 10: Command line task does not terminate.

first post: JohnHind wrote: For a long time, I have been using a script for my backups that mou...

latest post: JohnHind wrote: Thanks AdrianKIT, however I do not really care if the process has t...

Resizing encrypted system partition

first post: customer10123 wrote: Hi, I have recently resized an encrypted system partition. I remove...

Cannot decrypt system encrypted disk

first post: probus1701 wrote: I've encrypted (system encryption) my Samsung laptop today, with th...

Veracrypt cannot decrypt hard drive after moving to another system

first post: DanStevens wrote: I had a computer system with an SSD and a spinning hard disk drive....

latest post: Manni79 wrote: Even when I didn' tget a tipp, here is my solution. At Topic star...

Cannot mount via command line, enter mount dir

first post: ogghi wrote: Hey Guys, I have an odd issue with mounting my archive file with t...

latest post: AdrianKIT wrote: I'm using Veracrypt 1.19 on Linux Mint 18.1. Four things: a. Did ...

Hidden Volume Without Admin Privileges

first post: suuplex wrote: I am using VeraCrypt on a Windows VM owned by someone else (as an e...

Evil Maid attack message

first post: JamesLDoty wrote: I posted this once before and got no resolution, so I'm reposting. ...

Mac OSX 10.12 - can't mount VC volume (Mac Fuse issue ?)

first post: atakacs wrote: Hi, New MacBook Pro - Latest Sierra 10.12.4, VC 1.19, MacFuse 3.5...

EFI booting HP laptop Help

first post: Ihatehp wrote: Hi, I've trawled through the forums, there are some bits on this b...

latest post: Ihatehp wrote: I've managed to get the drive de-crypted. Even with Medicat recover...

Crashes on Windows 10

first post: conuil wrote: Hi, I installed Veracrypt version 1.19 on my windows 10 machine. ...

latest post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: Hello Emmet, Did you check the Windows Event Viewer for crash info...

Win 10 Can't Defrag Veracrypt Drive?

first post: Krylancelo wrote: I am using whole drive encryption on a storage disk (non-system). I...

latest post: xrTx wrote: I've just performed a full partition non-system volume encryption (...

EXFat with Large Hidden Volume

first post: CR9961 wrote: If you encrypt an entire data drive formatted with EXFat and secure...

Mounted Drive is missing after reboot

first post: kdw060916 wrote: I have changed nothing on my machine, everything was running fine o...

Suddenly quits never finishing the job.

first post: belgianfr wrote: Hello, I have migrated from TC and created an encrypted partition...

Cloned HDD cannot boot: Error: No Bootable partition found

first post: dictum wrote: I have two HDDs, I clone the primary via Macrium Reflect and has al...

latest post: andyh1213 wrote: It sounds like maybe you didn't copy off your boot/EFI partition as...

Slow external HDD speed

first post: Hanno4994 wrote: Hi, I have a strange problem with a external HDD encrypted with Ve...

latest post: Hanno4994 wrote: Okay, I tested the external hard drive now on a Windows 7 machine. ...

Can't unencrypt partially encrypted drive

first post: andyh1213 wrote: I had partly encrypted my system drive on windows with 1.19 Stable ...

latest post: andyh1213 wrote: Ok, so I got this figured out and I'm back up and running. All I h...

new to dual booting with veracrypt

first post: usereight704 wrote: on my previous attempt with a single boot (windows 8.1 no hidden os...

A way to specify mapper name in /dev/mapper?

first post: averacryptuser wrote: Is there a way to specify veracrypt mapper name in /dev/mapper/ ins...

Reinstall Windows

first post: RaunOWW wrote: Hi. I encrypted the entire hard disk, then reinstalled windows. For...

Reinstall Windows

first post: RaunOWW wrote: Hi. I encrypted the entire hard disk, then reinstalled windows. For...

Multi cores and VC

first post: movingkey wrote: Just wondering something about CPU task distribution. When you're m...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: Main idea is to make complex bruteforce attack to password. You c...

Message prohibiting Veracrypt (GUI) on Raspbian 8.0

first post: Pat054 wrote: Hello, I have a backup of a container named "Monespace" Which I ...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: No. I cannot reproduce the problem

VeraCrypt GUI won't launch on Linux

first post: mlarnold243 wrote: I installed VeraCrypt GUI on my Raspberry Pi2 (raspbian OS) accordi...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: __mlarnold243__ binary pack with GUI: https://sourceforge.net/proj...

Requirements for VeraCrypt

first post: lmgutie wrote: I've read many threads in this forum, but it's not clear to me yet....

latest post: lmgutie wrote: Well. I had to restore my Windows installation. So I go back to my...

Win10 LTSB freezing by mounting of VeraCrypt Containers

first post: nethstarcorp wrote: Hello community, i have noticed a small issue with the mounting o...

latest post: nethstarcorp wrote: Hi, sorry for the long time of my reply. But since the last Patch ...

Veracypt RAID0 SSD Problem

first post: treaba2015 wrote: Hi, Right now i have a laptop with 2x256GB SSDs in Raid0. The boot...

latest post: treaba2015 wrote: kavsrf wrote: Do you mean system encryption with EFI? System EFI ...

Plase add cascades with new hash algorithms

first post: VCuser wrote: Plase add cascades with new encryption algorithms that has been add...

latest post: Lurkios wrote: I'd recommend depreciating cascades, personally. The few times I've...

CodePlex is shutting down

first post: Enigma2Illusion wrote: Are the any plans to use another free website hosting for VeraCrypt...

Veracrypt on Raspbian 8.0 does not work in graphic mode (GUI)

first post: Pat054 wrote: hello, Veracrypt on Raspbian 8.0 does not work in graphic mode (my...

latest post: Pat054 wrote: Hello kavsrf, Again thank you. Have a nice day. Pat

File remains in 'Recent Files' in Win10

first post: deljones wrote: I've looked around the forums before posting this but I have notice...

latest post: Lurkios wrote: The difference you're seeing between Veracrypt and Kaspersky is tha...

Windows unable to boot after decryption

first post: lmgutie wrote: I just tried Windows partition encryption with VeraCrypt 1.19 on Wi...

latest post: lmgutie wrote: Thanks for the help. Just as a tip for those who experience the sam...

System Favorite Volume - Automount sucessfully -> device not ready problem

first post: ciclonite wrote: OS : Windows 10 64Bit OS on SSD msata 256GB with full system encry...

latest post: ciclonite wrote: Someone have encountered the same problem?

auto mounting in command line does not work

first post: Delerium666 wrote: Hello, Sorry for my english, it's google traduction. In windows...

latest post: Delerium666 wrote: A huge thank you AdrianKIT ! with Truecrypt 7.0a "truecrypt" /ls ...

answered by: AdrianKIT wrote: Also, if you are using keyfiles without a password, you need to add...

Using Encrypted drive on two different systems

first post: hurricane51 wrote: This might be obvious, but I use a drive on one system, but periodi...

Mounting 4TB encrypted drive on Windows XP not working

first post: John1000 wrote: I have encrypted an external WD 4TB Book USB drive using Veracrypt ...

latest post: Napf99 wrote: If you use a 32bit XP you can't use GPT-partitions. Then you're lim...

VC Drive mounting disrupted

first post: knsltd wrote: Hi there, a client pc uses Veracrypt 1.19 (64bit) on a MS-Windows...

VC hidden OS can not be accessed after encrypting decoy OS

first post: khojahay wrote: For two full days I repeated creation of hidden OS (Win 7 x64) twi...

VeraCrypt doesn't work very well

first post: Rallebiker wrote: Hi, I have a with VeraCrypt encrypted portable HDD. Worked fine f...

Linux (Fedora_25_KDE) Install error

first post: rinzes wrote: I am trying to install and get the following errors: $ sudo ./ver...

Area to encrypt

first post: Flamey wrote: What is the practical/real difference between the two options in th...

Windows Update seems to use Hybrid Shutdown and leave Veracrypt volumes mounted?

first post: YahooSerious wrote: I strongly believe that Windows Update uses the Hybrid Shutdown / F...

Installation on Windows 10 pro

first post: ChristianBar wrote: Hi I bought a new Surface Pro 4 with Win 10 pro preinstalled. Aft...

latest post: ChristianBar wrote: mmh, may be I'm out for an encryption overkill? The Surface pro 4 i...

No option "Help > Analyze a System Crash VeraCrypt"

first post: jonathanleroux wrote: I'm using VeraCrypt 1.19 on Windows 7 and 8.1. I have no option "An...

I wanna encrypt my Windows 10 OS and i have Linux Mint in another partition on the same SSD

first post: EverNow wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before but i cannot find a strait f...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: **EverNow wrote:** > So wait.. Sorry but i'm not very well informe...

Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate

first post: Darkbob wrote: I'm running an HP Envy Windows 10 64bit. Single hard drive. I in...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: HP problem https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/discussion/technical...

Bootloader fingerprint fialed Evil Main Attack.. Seems faulse

first post: movingkey wrote: I don't get this So I've been home all week, never left my house. I...

latest post: movingkey wrote: Disregard this message. I turns out It was a file I was running. A...

Vera Crypt and Microsoft

first post: planetape wrote: to join the discussion group at Vera Crypt you must have a Micr...

Can't boot Win10 after Decrypt OS, auto recovery looping.

first post: verahelpme wrote: Have I lost my Win10 installation? Here's a rundown of what I did:...

latest post: verahelpme wrote: I used dd to create ISOs of everything on the drive and I also used...

Problem creating an encrypted thumb drive

first post: mlarnold243 wrote: I am quite new to using VeraCrypt, and am having an issue creating ...

Turning the .iso rescue disk file into a bootable USB drive

first post: ElZorro wrote: Does anybody know of a free utility that truly turns the .iso rescu...

latest post: Explorare wrote: Hi everyone, I'd like to use YUMI to create a multi-boot USB stick ...

Veracrypt try to connect to a computer IP over internet

first post: user_254856 wrote: Hi, I log that veracrypt try to connect to a computer IP over in...

latest post: Cynyster wrote: ReverendBlueJeans - Yes. Once you mount the volume it operates ju...

Pre test fails, doesn't restart or ask for password

first post: Warfspud wrote: Hi After trying to encrypt the OS partition (whole drive option i...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: HP has non standard boot manager. To solve: https://sourceforge.net...

Pretest fails on Macbook/Bootcamp

first post: Arkus wrote: I have a MacbookAir with Win10 via Bootcamp. I started a system enc...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: Hi Arkus, Probably it is not possible via simple configuration(or ...

Hidden OS cloning freezes

first post: Leon_10 wrote: Hello, trying to setup hidden OS. Win 7 Pro 64, HPProbook (HPt...

Bad Write Speeds

first post: Lurkios wrote: I have one particular disk that seems to be suffering under Veracry...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: Post above describes possible reason. Might be there is another rea...

Veracrypt on Centos 7 web server

first post: mmacomp wrote: Hi everyone, I am considering Veracrypt for a data at rest encryp...

No bootable partition found..

first post: Crephistor wrote: Hi all! We're facing an issue with VeraCrypt (1.18) encrypted lapt...

latest post: SilverSolver wrote: Because you did the full decryption, the information should all be ...

Container (NTFS) "read only" in MacOS

first post: vx wrote: Hi! A veracrypt container: file: ABC size: 50 gb format. ntfs cr...

Automount on Windows 7 after power down mode

first post: BlackGuest wrote: At first sorry, the Search function dosnt work at the moment. Is ...

[Security risk] Veracrypt remembering last opened location

first post: Europa2010AD wrote: Even though I have "Never save history" enabled (and it works prope...

latest post: Europa2010AD wrote: **kavsrf wrote:** > Probably this is Fast startup aka Hybrid boot a...

SSD and Veracrypt Containers Clarification

first post: KevTheRev13 wrote: Hi. Long time user of VeraCrypt containers on my HDD. I recently up...

My Volume not opened with the correct password

first post: StarStarr wrote: I selected my correct volume and wrote the correct password but th...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: Try "use backup header" option

Veracrypt Large files on hidden volume in MAC OS

first post: marksec wrote: Hello, I'm trying to format an external USB HDD on Mac OS to back...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: Outer volume is FAT formatted => 4GB file size limit. Other FS is n...

Containers in External Drives and Corruption

first post: A2090 wrote: I am new to Veracrypt and would like to have several containers sto...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: It can be like an any ordinary disk. It is not related to encryptio...

Permanet decrypting system drive on different system

first post: raijin2 wrote: I hope this is the right place to ask. My windows is broken (the ...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: If it is about EFI boot - System decryption is possible from rescue...

Hidden os with encrypted os

first post: Aroly7 wrote: Hi is there any possibility to create encrypted os and like: C:\ -...

latest post: Aroly7 wrote: Hi kavsrf, I get over it I have created vm in hidden volume, but th...

10 Hour bootload, please help!

first post: OrangeGoblin wrote: Hi All I recently changed my password as I was told I may have had...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: Default PIM is 485. So you can estimate login time. Another possi...

bad write speed on non-system partitions and volumes in a file

first post: xRudik wrote: my configuration: 1st disk: ssd ocz vertex3, system partition encr...

latest post: xRudik wrote: Reinstalled windows because of another issues and... it is works as...

Linux permissions for mounted volume

first post: pstr wrote: Hi, When mounting volume under linux using command veracrypt volum...

Favorite Volumes Not Mounting on Login

first post: Lurkios wrote: I had a favorite volume configured pre-system encryption that opera...

latest post: Lurkios wrote: **Enigma2Illusion wrote:** > System Favorites is pre-OS. Hence, the...

Access denied error at Collecting Random Data

first post: mlgordon26 wrote: First time user, so bear with me. I have downloaded and installed V...

Long password decryption time

first post: peterreb wrote: Hi, I encrypted my systemdrive using a password with 12 characters...

latest post: peterreb wrote: Update: the notebook uses UEFI, the desktop still BIOS. I assume th...

Installing on Vista - shortcut icon problem

first post: heinrichd34al wrote: I have Vista 32-bit. I tried to install VeraCrypt 1.19 (and 1.18a a...

Hidded operating system on a brand new SSD

first post: VeraSSDcrypt wrote: Hi to all the community here I have a very important and urgent qu...

How to use GRUB over VeraCrypt/TrueCrypt bootloader

first post: Dedal wrote: Has anyone succeeded in nesting VC bootloader into GRUB/GRUB2 so it...

Veracrypt volume missing after computer restart

first post: Vyasang72 wrote: I had created a Veracrypt volume / container on a 32 GB USB drive u...

Windows 10 defragment tool not working

first post: instantwin wrote: I have a SSD boot + HDD storage setup and just finished encrypting...

TRIM Not Working

first post: Lurkios wrote: In the veracrypt documentation I'm seeing it mentioned that VC does...

latest post: Lurkios wrote: **kavsrf wrote:** > Probably you are right. System drive is filtere...

Using VeraCrypt though CMD or Terminal to create encrypted File containers ...

first post: Le_Test wrote: Dear All , I am really new to this so please bare with me , So...

latest post: cbeerse wrote: The above just somehow got me hooked. I'm in the process of definin...

Corrupted (?) file container - Need suggestions on how to recover

first post: AdamKoziol wrote: Hello, I am unable to access 300GB encrypted file container on a 5...

Computer wont start after encrypting with veracrypt. Need help please.

first post: Cryptcreeperchris wrote: Ok so I encrypted my hard drive on my laptop with veracrypt using t...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: It looks like wrong boot loader selected. You can try to start via ...

VeraCrypt Error on Raspberry Pi 2, Raspbian Jessie Lite

first post: Anirr wrote: I am having trouble with the Raspberry version of VeraCrypt. I have...

Veracrypt doesn't recognize passwords anymore

first post: ecryptfs wrote: I have 2 external HDDs fully encrypted with VeraCrypt 1.19, one is ...

latest post: ecryptfs wrote: Thank you for the answer but i already tried what you wrote. Actual...

VeraCrypt.sys causing BSOD/bugcheck on DriverVerifier

first post: mracuraintegra wrote: Nevermind - while DriverVerifier did crash with VeraCrypt, I'm star...

latest post: Dalamar6 wrote: Windows 10 doesn't like pre-UEFI boards it seems, my old board did ...

Failing Hard Drive - Best Practise?

first post: Cynyster wrote: Hello, I have been using Truecrypt for years and switched to Verac...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: keys locations are 128K at 0 sector and last 128K (end of disk) to...

Mounting raw image of disk

first post: frapvi wrote: I have a raw disk image (created with dd) of a disk that had full d...

Mount dd image of a system partition

first post: wpif01 wrote: I have made a dd dump of a windows system partition encrypted with ...

latest post: frapvi wrote: .... nevermind

Resize ExFAT partition

first post: RandomNameforCode wrote: VeraCyrpt Expander can resize an ExFAT container, but not the file ...

HP ProBook 650 G2 Will not prompt for password before booting OS

first post: jrazz1 wrote: Hi, I have a newly imaged laptop that has 1 hdd and three partiti...

latest post: kavsrf wrote: It is better to use 1.20B2 (instruction is the same) 1.19 rescue di...