This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't unencrypt partially encrypted drive

Topics: Technical Issues
Apr 12 at 5:52 PM
I had partly encrypted my system drive on windows with 1.19 Stable to about 15%, and then I decided I wanted different settings, so I stopped encryption and rebooted, but then I had a boot problem. I am not worried about gettingi the drive booted now, but I would like my system drive decrypted. I used the rescue disk for 1.20BETA2 and selected decrypt , and it started at about 84% and finished. However, now when I look at the drive in gparted, it is showing as unknown/raw space instead of NTFS.

It looks similar to this issue here, but I am not sure. https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/discussion/technical/thread/11717ff8/
Apr 12 at 7:54 PM
Edited Apr 13 at 1:43 PM
Ok, so I got this figured out and I'm back up and running.

All I had to do was run CHKDSK D: /offlinescanandfix after booking to a Windows 10 install disk. It said that the master file table was corrupted, and it used the backup copy on the volume to restore it.

After that I had to run: bootrec /rebuildbcd to fix a windows problem, but I'm pretty sure that was related to something else I did while trying to fix this.