This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Code Plex shutting down Inquiry

Topics: Users Discussion
Apr 4 at 2:58 PM
Where is this project being moved/migrated to? I recently came across this when looking at crypto solutions, and i would like to both donate, and take the time to know where the alternative for VeraCrypt will be housed.
Apr 6 at 9:15 AM
I googled, and I was wondering the same thing. I think this is where:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/veracrypt/
Apr 6 at 5:15 PM
Edited Apr 6 at 5:16 PM
Thanks for the link chromosomeke
I hope this project never dies. I wonder where the the donation system will be implemented. I would like to help the developers out, but I don't like recurring auto pay only options. I think developers deserve to be compensated, but I just hope this project stays loyal to it's agenda and doesn't get abandon.
Developer
Apr 6 at 6:53 PM
I'm trying to release 1.20 version but I do not have signature.

Some improvements here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dc5/files/beta/
Apr 7 at 3:15 PM
Edited Apr 7 at 6:20 PM
kavsrf wrote:
I'm trying to release 1.20 version but I do not have signature.

Some improvements here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dc5/files/beta/
Why is Mounir no longer working on VeraCrypt? Is Mounir simply taking a well deserved break from working on VeraCrypt in his spare time or has he left the VeraCrypt project permanently?
Developer
Apr 7 at 7:26 PM
Enigma2Illusion wrote:
Why is Mounir no longer working on VeraCrypt? Is Mounir simply taking a well deserved break from working on VeraCrypt in his spare time or has he left the VeraCrypt project permanently?
The info is personal.
Apr 7 at 8:05 PM
kavsrf wrote:
Enigma2Illusion wrote:
Why is Mounir no longer working on VeraCrypt? Is Mounir simply taking a well deserved break from working on VeraCrypt in his spare time or has he left the VeraCrypt project permanently?
The info is personal.
Understood.

Wishing good health and happiness to Mounir and his family.
Coordinator
Apr 18 at 3:59 PM
Hi,

Sorry for not giving news for a log time. I had to deal with some personal issues that made it difficult for me to dedicate time to the project.
Things are improving little by little and I will resume my activities to release 1.20 version and also take care of the transition from Codeplex.

Concerning Codeplex shutdown, it will not affect binaries and source code hosting since Launchpad is already the main download site (https://launchpad.net/veracrypt/+download) and official links were pointing to it, and source code is duplicated in Sourceforge, Github and Bitbucket.

For forums, Sourceforge will be the main one although I will try to use Codeplex migration tools to put current Codeplex forums content on Github.
For web hosting especially documentation, it could be hosted on Sourceforce or a dedicated website (like the current https://www.veracrypt.fr/en). I'm open to suggestion on efficient ways to manage and maintain hosting content.
Apr 18 at 6:48 PM
Thanks for the information about what's happening re Codeplex shutdown. I've made a long overdue donation just now to thank you for all your hard work to date, and to help the project have a future. I'd encourage anyone who's never donated to do so; Veracrypt is so important, it mustn't be allowed to stall through lack of resources (or the moral support a donation represents)!
Apr 20 at 7:38 PM
AdrianKIT wrote:
Thanks for the information about what's happening re Codeplex shutdown. I've made a long overdue donation just now to thank you for all your hard work to date, and to help the project have a future. I'd encourage anyone who's never donated to do so; Veracrypt is so important, it mustn't be allowed to stall through lack of resources (or the moral support a donation represents)!
+1 to the above comments. I too have made what I consider a significant donation (higher than my usual amounts) which I hope will go some way to compensating you for the excellent you do.

Thanks again.
Apr 21 at 10:43 PM
That's encouraging to hear! Thanks for all your hard work. I love VeraCrypt and I'd hate to have to give it up for lost. I suppose I no longer have to search for other encryption software after all!
Apr 24 at 6:56 PM
Thank you for a great product! I've donated as well I hope this project continues and that my donation will help with the cause.
Apr 28 at 9:36 PM
Good to read you again, idrassi!
May 4 at 2:40 PM
I too am a (paying) big fan of your software. Bonne continuation!
May 6 at 9:35 AM
I am posting this comment just to be another one to support this project. Do not give up. All the best.