This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mounting 4TB encrypted drive on Windows XP not working

Topics: Technical Issues, Users Discussion
Mar 22 at 1:02 AM
I have encrypted an external WD 4TB Book USB drive using Veracrypt on a Windows 7 machine. I am able to mount and use the drive on my Windows 7 machines, but the drive is not recognized on two machines running Windows XP Pro. When the external USB drive is plugged into the XP computers, I hear an audible indication that he drive has been connected, but the drive never appears under Windows Explorer, Management (Storage), or Veracrypt device select to choose the drive to mount.

Is there a work-around to this problem? I chose to encrypt the entire volume and not to create a encrypted container. At this point, I have already copied a substantial amount of data to the drive, so I am hoping to find a way to mount the drive the XP computers. Or am I just out of luck using a Veracrypt encrypted external USB drive on XP?
Mar 23 at 12:17 PM
If you use a 32bit XP you can't use GPT-partitions. Then you're limitied to MBR-partitions which max out at 2TB.