This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Vera Crypt and Microsoft

Topics: Technical Issues
Mar 9 at 9:43 PM
    • to join the discussion group at Vera Crypt you must have a Microsoft account or use Codeplex. But Codeplex says “CodePlex: Terms of Use
      ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS.
      The services that Microsoft provides to you are subject to the following Terms of Use ("TOU"). Microsoft reserves the right to update the TOU at any time without notice to you.”
So how is Veracrypt associated with Microsoft? One of the reasons I want to encrypt my information is to keep Microsoft from stealing all my information, as it has given itself the right to do.
  1. I am an inexperienced Vera Crypt user so I want to try it out but in case I screw it up I want to be able to delete it and start again. How do I do this?
  2. I want to set up a drive where all my information can be encrypted. I also want to transfer the Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird software in this drive so all my emails, etc. will be encrypted.
    Or should I encrypt the drive with the software and operating system? I gather that would be full encryption. Is that getting to difficult for a newbie?
Tks