This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Veracrypt crashing Sierra

Topics: Technical Issues, Users Discussion
Dec 18, 2016 at 5:05 AM
I've been using Veracrypt from the beginning. No problems. Have loved it. Recently started having a problem:

If I try to open a Veracrypt file, my computer crashes. 100%.

I'm running the most recent version of Sierra on OSX. Running Veracrypt v. 1.19.

Often times it'll take forever to mount my volume. Sometimes will never mount, sometimes will show that it's mounted in veracrypt, but not in finder. Regardless, it will crash my computer. Everything locks up. I have to reboot by holding down the power button.

I have no problems running VC on my other computers, both OSX and Windows. Works like a charm. I can open those same volumes on other computers. Makes no sense to me.

Please help.

Tesgin
Dec 18, 2016 at 5:17 AM
BTW, I should add that "sometimes" I can force quite Veracrypt and my computer doesn't lock up, but I do have to reboot (sometimes I still have to force a power down). If I ican get to the screen that allows me to force quit (which means my computer didn't crash -- but it almost always does), Veracrypt shows as "not responding."

Also, I tried creating a new volume with VC. I can create the volume, but if I try do mount it, same problems as described above.

Thanks in advance,
Tesgin