This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Auto mount encrypted volume when I launch Thunderbird

Topics: Users Discussion
Dec 17, 2016 at 3:15 PM
Hello,

My Thunderbird profile is stored in an encrypted volume (Windows 10).

My problem is : I have to manually mount the encrypted volume before lauching Thunderbird each time I want to use TB. After few weeks, my testomony is that it's really annoying.

My question : is it possible to add an instruction into the desktop shortcut's properties in order to open the Veracrypt's password window (linked to the favorite volume ?) while launching Thunderbird ?

Best regards :-)
Dec 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM
The simplest thing to do, is create a batch file, in a simple text editor like Notepad, called, say, launch-tb.bat, in the directory where Thunderbird.exe is located, create a desktop shortcut for that, and set its 'Properties ' to 'Run: Minimised'. The batch file would look something like this:

@echo off
title launch-tb
[path\to]veracrypt /v [path\to]yourvolume /l [yourdriveletter] /q /hash [yourchosenhash]
thunderbird.exe
veracrypt /d [yourdriveletter] /q /s /w
exit

Substitute your own relevant values for what's in [ ... ]; you won't need the [path\to] veracrypt if it is already in your PATH. Make sure there is a blank line after 'exit'. The file dismounts the volume after Tbird exits - very important!