This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

maximise VC window on start up

Topics: Feature Requests, Technical Issues, Users Discussion
Nov 16, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Edited Nov 17, 2016 at 9:37 PM
using win 7 & VC 1.19
on start up, the VC window/mount volume dialog box is minimised to the tray. Is there any way of having it start maximised? Having to open the notifications area, and then hunt for a tiny, almost invisible icon to open the window so I can mount my volume is an unnecessary nuisance.
Nov 17, 2016 at 11:15 PM
An easy/handy solution is to assign a hotkey :)
Settings -> Hotkeys...
Nov 18, 2016 at 3:09 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2016 at 3:11 PM
Thanks for your comments u3. Yes a hotkey might work, but a hotkey for WHAT precisely?
Although a hotkey might work, its still not a brilliant solution. The thing is, unless you want to hide the fact that encryption is in use, hiding the mount window serves NO purpose whatsoever, all it does is add more steps until the disc can be accessed. Even if you do want to hide the fact that encryption is in use, for what reason? Those obsessed by the possibility that Government agencies might want to access their data should consider that if they are on a Agency list, the agency would probably know, or assume that encryption is in use. Those of us who just don't want a burglar to steal our bank records, medical records etc should realise that a burglar would probably abandon the idea of trying to get into the machine as soon as they saw that encryption was used. So, in my mind, there's no purpose in hiding the mount window, unless you don't want to mount in as soon as you log in.

Does everyone else accept that they have to go looking for the icon in order to open the mount window so they can get to work? Does no one else find these extra steps unergonomic and a waste of keystrokes? Why does the window not open automatically like Truecrypt did? Mind you, I've asked a question there, and I've already had one response and experience tells me this is not an active community unless one wants to talk about the technicalities of how the sw works, so I probably won't see another response.

Thanks for the suggestion u3, sadly it didn't help me and I need to consider if all the drawbacks of this sw is worth the supposed 'extra' security (which I don't need), and maybe the developers need to consider if they are making this sw for a niche group of tech geeks, or if they want it to be more mainstream. At the moment, I thinks its more suited to the former and stands little chance of being widely adopted.
Nov 22, 2016 at 11:26 AM
You can also Select your 'Favorite' partitions OR even set-up an 'auto-mount', so when windows starts it will prompt you with your selected partitions :)