This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Full disk encryption when computer does not boot from partition system

Topics: Feature Requests, Technical Issues
Nov 2, 2016 at 8:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I just tried to encrypt my system partition but the pre-test failed. One of the reason cited is that my laptop might boot from another partition than the system partition. I think that is actually the case (here is a screenshot of my partitions if someone can confirm http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=16/44/gaue.png )

So my question is, is this feature planned to be incorporated in VeraCrypt in a short term or not ?
Nov 17, 2016 at 11:31 PM
It seems that you have some recovery partitions. When you're doing the initial setup choose "Multi-boot" option, not the "Single-boot". See if that helps.
Nov 30, 2016 at 8:28 PM
Edited Nov 30, 2016 at 8:31 PM
The "Multi-boot" option is not activated for me. I can only choose "Single-boot" (probably because of the secure boot ?)
Dec 1, 2016 at 8:26 AM
in VeraCrypt at present moment EFI boot does not support full disk and hidden os encryption from box.

Note: To boot EFI computer disk has to have one EFI system partition at least.
Dec 11, 2016 at 8:25 PM
Thanks for your answer.
So there is currently no workaround to fully encrypt my disk? Or just simply removing the recovery partitions
Dec 12, 2016 at 8:59 AM
System partition can have links to recovery partitions because of wimboot technology. Check it before remove.

About full disk encryption and hidden os.
There is raw technology to hide OS but it requires several steps from EFI shell. I can try to describe but I have to note - it is complex and experimental.
Dec 12, 2016 at 9:09 AM
System partition can have links to recovery partitions because of wimboot technology. Check it before remove.

About full disk encryption and hidden os.
There is raw technology to hide OS but it requires several steps from EFI shell. I can try to describe but I have to note - it is complex and experimental.