This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help with identifying an issue with commanline parameters

Topics: Users Discussion
Sep 1, 2016 at 4:22 PM
Hello all! I made a little batch script to mount a encrypted container with my desired options.
%VeraCrypt% /hash sha512 /v %EncryptedDrive% /l D /e /b /nowaitdlg y /p %Password% /q background /s /m label="Encrypted Drive" /h n /c n
(The things between % are variables of course.)

Whenever I run the script, I get this error:

I have tried to find the error(s) but I could not find it/them :(

Thanks in Advance!
Sep 1, 2016 at 7:08 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2016 at 7:45 PM
I use 1.17. What are you trying to achieve? The problem is probably in the /nowaitdlg parameter, which as far as I can tell is complete junk ie veracrypt doesn't understand it (appears in the online documentation, but not in the 1.17 .pdf user guide). The /s switch (if used with /q) is enough to suppress the annoying 'Please wait ... ' message.
Marked as answer by TheDcoder on 9/1/2016 at 6:33 PM
Sep 1, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Debug the command line by removing the /s switch so you can see a specific error.
Sep 2, 2016 at 1:32 AM
AdrianKIT wrote:
I use 1.17. What are you trying to achieve? The problem is probably in the /nowaitdlg parameter, which as far as I can tell is complete junk ie veracrypt doesn't understand it (appears in the online documentation, but not in the 1.17 .pdf user guide). The /s switch (if used with /q) is enough to suppress the annoying 'Please wait ... ' message.
I am using 1.17 too, I was trying to make a batch script to easily mount "one of my weakest" hc containers. And yes, you are totally right, I checked the User guide and there was no /nowaitdlg parameter in there. Removing that fixed the problem, Thanks for finding the issue! :)

Enigma2Illusion wrote:
Debug the command line by removing the /s switch so you can see a specific error.
I did try your method, but removing the /s switch did nothing...