This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Afer booting and already seeing the Desktop VeraCrypt blocks the PC for ca 2 minutes

Topics: Technical Issues
Jun 16, 2016 at 4:52 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2016 at 5:13 PM
Hello,

I have my system hard drive encrypted and also 2 more harddrives which are set as system favourites. I start the pc and enter the password, it takes ca 1 minute and then windows starts.

I can already see the desktop but the PC is unresponsive and I see a VeraCrypt window which says "Please wait... This process may take a long time and VeraCrypt may seem unresponsive."

This takes ca 2 minutes and then a window pops out which says "Auto-Mount failed due to one or more of the following -incorrect password, -incorrect Volume PIM number etc"

When this window pops out the PC turns responsive and my system favourites are mounted so why does this Window pop out? Also shouldnt vera crypt mount the system favourites before booting windows?

Some pictures: This is what I see when I see my desktop Image , this is what I see after ca 2 minutes Image and as you can see, my system favourites are mounted even though I got an error message Image.

As you can also see the system favourites were correctly mounted Image