This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

More Windows 10 woes. Wordperfect this time.

Topics: Technical Issues
May 22, 2016 at 2:35 PM
WordPerfect was working fine on Windows 7 til Microsoft installed windows 10 without my permission.
Actually, it still runs, but can't deal with a file I have on an encrypted drive created by Veracrypt.
When I ask Wordperfect to open one of the files on the Local Drive K: it just sits there with a small spinning circle. Again: Am I the only one to report this problem?
No problem opening text files with Notepad.
May 22, 2016 at 3:37 PM
Yes, you may be. I'm not familiar with this issue. Typically, if you can unlock and mount the drive/container, it works because VC runs transparently to all of your applications. If you can access files in the container/volume with Notepad, but not with WordPerfect, my suggestion is that you focus on WordPerfect. It is likely that the migration from 7 to 10 caused your current failure.
May 24, 2016 at 1:34 PM
Edited May 24, 2016 at 1:36 PM
Anon101 said:... If you can access files in the container/volume with Notepad, but not with WordPerfect, my suggestion is that you focus on WordPerfect. It is likely that the migration from 7 to 10 caused your current failure.

Maybe yes maybe no. I was getting a plague of "read only" files due to something VeraCrypt does depending on where the container is placed.
I was hoping for something similar for this other container which has WordPerfect files in it.
I tried moving the container, but it had no effect.
WordPerfect works for all the other files on my computer, just not those in a VeraCrypt Local Disk.

I did contact WordPerfect, but they have not been any help yet. I am sure that when they do reply it will be to blame VeraCrypt.