This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

VeraCrypt gets dismounted by CCleaner

Topics: Technical Issues
May 4, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Windows 10 Professional/upgraded from W7 Ultimate x64, with all updates. VeraCrypt 1.17 and CCleaner 5.17.5590 (latest version at time of posting).

I have a problem that I can make happen repeatedly. Run CCleaner and VeryCrypt gets forcibly dismounted with warnings not to do that.

The solution is to dismount manually before running CCleaner, but I thought it might be a sign of a problem, or possibly the solution for some people who are finding VC dismounts and they have not found what is causing it to happen.

Is this a bug of some kind, or is CC having access to and deleting some sort of 'key'?
May 4, 2016 at 9:24 PM
Does CCleaner have a log of the files and registry items it removed? If yes, see any entries for VeraCrypt?
May 5, 2016 at 5:54 AM
Yes, CCleaner keeps a detailed log of files and folders deleted and nowhere does it mention VeraCrypt.

That is all I am deleting, I am not using a registry cleaner.

Very puzzling and a little worrying.
May 5, 2016 at 6:02 AM
I would recommend that you open a support issue with CCleaner since their product is causing the issue. CCleaner can download VeraCrypt for Windows and attempt to replicate the problem that you are reporting.