This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Source: MountVolume:6955 Error

Topics: Technical Issues
Feb 4, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Hello

I use a system encrypted SSD as primary drive (Windows 7 64 bits installed), and as secondary, a normally encrypted HDD .
I was having troubles with mounting the secondary through System Favorites at the Windows start up (sometimes it did, and sometimes it didn't. As I have programs installed on that drive that needs to be running from the Windows start up, I needed to fix it).

I was using Veracrypt 1.13. Seeing the indications on this thread I moved to the 1.16 hoping that the issue would be solved. The thing is, it got worse.

After reseting the PC for the upgrading of Vera, I get this message in the Windows Start up:
       The drive letter was not found or no drive letter was specified. 
                     Source: MountVolume: 6955
Then, asks me for the drive's password. When I enter it, the same error pops up. When I go to Vera and select the drive to mount it, it does mount it correctly, though. Nevertheless, if I set the drive as a system favorite again, I get the same error message when I restart the computer.

In the same thread that I quoted before, idrassi wrote instructions for change the Windows registry in order to fix the 6995 problem. I followed those instructions, but it still doesn't work for me. (I don't know if it's related, but I changed the route of Program Files from the SSD to the secondary Drive; when I try to open regedit with the secondary drive unmounted, Windows gives me an error message stating that he can't found regedit.exe in C. As I mount the secondary drive, he then executes regedit and I can delete A:, that's it, the drive letter where I mount the secondary drive.)

I'm using the same password for the SSD and the HDD drives, so that can't be discarded. I set the keyboard layout in EN (United States) when I changed the HDD pass (I initially set it in another kerboard layout). Don't use PIM for neither of both.

Thanks in advance!