This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Veracrypt tray icon.

Topics: Feature Requests
Dec 23, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2015 at 5:36 AM
I haven't installed any of the beta versions with new logo, but I suggest, as someone mentioned on here or Sourceforge, to make Veracrypt tray icon show a different colour when there are mounted volumes.

Maybe in gray when no volumes are mounted, and in its original (blue and green) colours when mounted.
Jan 4, 2016 at 9:04 AM
Edited Jan 4, 2016 at 9:05 AM
Is this being taken in consideration? Current Veracrypt tray icon is like a hard disk with a yellow or green "plus" sign.

Would be better if the entire tray IS the new "VC" logo on gray when no volumes are mounted and full coloured when mounted.
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2016 at 9:11 AM
I agree that the current icon when a volume is mounted is not perfect since it has no indication that it is a VeraCrypt icon.
Your proposal is interesting but it should be tested to see how it will look in reality.
I have to check with Andreas (www.andreasbecker.de) the author of the new logos to seek his comment on this.
Jan 4, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Thank you for your answer!

About how it would look, it's just an idea, you pick what would be better, it's just to change the tray icon.

I hope Andreas is OK with this.
Jan 6, 2016 at 9:20 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2016 at 9:20 PM
New icons are nice, except the hexagon shaped, which is unfortunately the default one. Can we vote for the miss of VC icons, which will become the default one? :) Btw. I liked those old icons too, shame they have been removed from the exe.