Dec 17, 2015 at 4:46 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2015 at 4:48 PM
Is that possible?
And these are the issues I faced during use:
- I found that its not possible to install Veracrypt as a user. I need to be root to be able to install Veracrypt.
- After Installation - If I open Veracrypt as a user and try to create a new container it will ask:
"Enter your user password or administrator password"
But it will accept neither my user nor my root password!
- For a container that was created as a root, it will not allow it to be opened if Veracrypt was opened as a user. It will ask for password and it will accept neither the user nor the root password!
- I have tried going to the /media and chown the veracryptXX folder to user. It will not allow it.
- So I tried creating veracryptXX folders (ones that were never auto created by veracrypt) as user in advance, before opening veracrypt. But the moment I user veracrypt to Mount a container it will change the privilege of mounted volumes to root!
So my doubts are:
- Is it possible to both create and open containers as a normal user (and not root)?
- Is it possible to install Veracrypt as a user?
Thank You. :-).