Drive Letter

Topics: Technical Issues
Oct 19, 2015 at 5:38 AM
I'm trying out VeraCrypy 1.16. When I mount a volume to Z:\ it shows up in Windows Explorer as E:. I didn't have this problem with TrueCrypt. Is this a known problem? I vaguely remember seeing something about this on a forum, but can't find the post now.
Oct 19, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Having a similar problem. Since I used the Security-"fixed" VeraCrypt 1.15 Version it ALLWAYS mounts my drive as A: (Windows 10).
I once gave the label name "data" and it it always displayed now even though I have deleted the lable in the meantime.

I did the delete exercise in the Registy and in the "Organize Favoirite Volumes" the name "data" and letter A: is not shown anymore, but it still always mounts on Logon to A: with the label "data".

That sucks, because I need to "Cancel" and select the right combination of Drive Letter and Device manually each time I log in.
Oct 19, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Hi jambeam7, take a look at thread https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/discussions/646172 where Enigma2Illusion helped me out. It may be the same issue.
Oct 20, 2015 at 1:55 PM
For other users, first upgrade to latest version 1.16 or higher before performing the registry changes referenced by deebee.