This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

duplicated drive letter

Topics: Technical Issues
Oct 9, 2015 at 1:21 AM
I use TrueCrypt (TC) v7.1a in Windows 7 x64 for quite some times. Because of the recent news, I switched to VeraCrypt (VC) v1.15. First I create a container in parallel with TrueCrypt. F: is TC volume while G: is the new VC volume. All went well. So I dismount both, change everything from TC to VC, remove everything related to TC and use F: for VC volume. Now, F: works well, but every time I log on, there is a notification saying one of my network drive cannot be connected. Then both F: and G: appears and both pointing to the same contents. Looking at VC's mounting list, I can see F: mounted to the volume file, but G: is not in the list at all. If I do not mount F:, there is a G: named as local disk but accessing to it caused location not found. Please can someone help me to resolve this problem.
Oct 9, 2015 at 2:16 AM
Edited Oct 9, 2015 at 2:21 AM
This issue has been fixed in 1.16 version.

First, upgrade to 1.16.

With the all volumes dismounted, perform the following.

Using a modified version of Idrassi's instructions:
Check the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" using regedit. Scroll down and you'll find entries starting with "\DosDevices\" which indicate the drive letters that are taken by the system. Before mounting any volume, double click on each one and remove the ones contains the name "VeraCrypt" and "TrueCrypt".
Also, there are other entries whose name start with "#{" and "\??\Volume{": double click on each one of them and remove the ones whose data value contains the name "VeraCrypt" and "TrueCrypt".
Reboot PC.

All should be working correctly.