Errors on CentOS 6.5

Topics: Technical Issues
Oct 6, 2015 at 6:04 PM
Hi all,

I just installed veracrypt 1.15 (32-bit) on my CentOS 6.5 box. The install went fine. Via the command line I created a container and then mounted the container. At the end of both commands, the following errors appeared:

(process:31825): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2710: You forgot to call g_type_init()

(process:31825): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion initialization_value != 0' failed

(process:31825): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2710: You forgot to call g_type_init()

(process:31825): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion
G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed
(process:31825): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(process:31825): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion
G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(process:31825): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_class_unref: assertion `g_class != NULL' failed

Both commands seemed to ultimately work, and my new container looks to be mounted properly, but the errors worry me. Do I need to be worried? Anyone know what's causing them?

Interestingly, I just ran "veracrypt -d" to umount the container and that worked, and didn't generate those errors. Hmm.

Thanks,

-Gary
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2015 at 7:47 PM
Hi Gary,

These are harmless GTK asserts caused by wxWidgets 3.0 objects handling. You can ignore them.
TrueCrypt was linked against wxWidgets 2.8 which doesn't have this problem.

For now, no workaround was found to eliminate these asserts.