This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

VeraCrypt 1.14 with Win 7 / mount favourite volume upon logon

Topics: Technical Issues, Users Discussion
Sep 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM
I am a long time TrueCrypt-User and only use file containers. Today I switched to VeraCrypt and converted my file container to the VeraCrypt-Format.

I have problems mounting a favourite volume upon logon on a windows 7-system.
  • "Mount selected volume upon logon" is selected for a file container
  • VeraCrypt Background Task: "Enabled" is selected in settings
  • Action to perform upon logon to Windows: "Start VeraCrypt Background-Task" is selected in settings
After login a dialog of the UAC appears and I say "yes" and noting happens.

When testing the following command with administrativ privileges nothing happens:
"C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe" /q preferences /a logon /a favorites

Can someone give me some startup-help?
Sep 20, 2015 at 3:53 PM
Edited Sep 20, 2015 at 3:54 PM
It appears the latest release 1.14 had an issue with mount favorites upon logon.

You can try the 1.15 beta release to see if this resolves your problem since the release notes has a line item about the issue you are experiencing on your system.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/veracrypt/files/VeraCrypt%20Nightly%20Builds/

WARNING: The 1.15 beta released 9/19/2015 has an issue I reported at the link below that prevents you from accessing the VeraCrypt application until you reboot. It is important to have all volumes dismounted before upgrading and answer Yes when prompted to reboot versus deferring the reboot by answering no.

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/workitem/215
Sep 21, 2015 at 5:29 AM
Edited Sep 21, 2015 at 8:46 AM
Enigma2Illusion wrote:
It appears the latest release 1.14 had an issue with mount favorites upon logon.
Thanks for your analysis.

With VeryCrypt I want to start without any problem in comparison with TrueCrypt and so I wait for 1.15 final. When going back to TrueCrypt I notized the following: I disabled both VeraCrypt-Background-Task-Options in settings, booted my system and VeraCrypt was started. Because of this I deinstalled VeraCrypt completely.

I wait for 1.15 final and check again. Thanks for your support.
Sep 22, 2015 at 12:39 AM
Edited Sep 22, 2015 at 12:39 AM
You can install both TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt on your PC software without any problems. You cannot use both software to mount the same volume. :-)