This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

First RIPA now this !! :(

Topics: Users Discussion
Jan 14, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Link

Oh dear :(
Jan 15, 2015 at 5:05 PM
Goodluck with that :-)

Glad I'm not from the UK :-)
Jan 15, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Thank you for your concern destrukt.

We desperately need VeraWipe here to fight RIPA, then just when we think we have a solution they want to spy on our communications :(
Jan 15, 2015 at 6:50 PM
They will always be one step behind, no matter what they do.. Thats also why they try to do this.. If they do, there will be other "solutions" on that problem :-)

Don't try to hack the "hacker" :-)
Jan 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:30 AM
There is apparently soon elections :-)
Jan 17, 2015 at 11:53 AM
destrukt wrote:
There is apparently soon elections :-)
Unfortunately I doubt that would help us destrukt :(

I can use my children and sweets analogy here as well as on the selectable KDF iterations thread, it's the same situation.

Voters (children) will vote for which ever politician (parent) who offers them sweets, without any consideration for the consequences.

As demonstrated on this forum, even so called security aware people have little to no real knowledge of the current threat models.

We cannot expect Joe Sixpack and his wife to have any comprehension whatsoever as to why banning encryption on the internet is dangerous, even if it is supposedly government only access.

Hackers or a man on the inside will soon break or leak the key.

We cannot rely on voters, they are looking at just how many sweets are being offered, the politician will sneak this law through when the children are unwrapping the sweets.

Stay paranoid destrukt, it's our only hope LOL :D