This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mount Favorites on Logon

Topics: Technical Issues
Jan 1, 2015 at 4:36 AM
After extensive usage VeraCrypt worked great with both TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt volumes.
Just had an issue with mounting Favorite volumes on startup (and using default keyfile):

For instance,
1) I set up a Favorite volume and tick on “Mount selected volume upon logon”
2) Then in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\VeraCrypt\Configuration.xml I verify that the right commands are active
a. <config key="StartOnLogon">1</config>
b. <config key="MountFavoritesOnLogon">1</config>

When I restart the PC, VeraCrypt turns on fine but there is no attempt to mount the favorite VeraCrypt volume. Manually it does fine thought. With TrueCrypt it worked flawlessly.
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2015 at 11:14 PM
Hi,

I can't reproduce your issue. I create a container associated with the default key file and everytime I logon the wait dialog appears and the volume is mounted afterwards.

I tried with only a keyfile and also password+keyfile and it works as expected on logon for both cases.

The implementation of loading favorites on logon is really simple: it just reads the configuration when VeraCrypt starts and if it is '1', it loads the favorites. There is no bug on the code in this part.

So, either:
  1. MountFavoritesOnLogon is not set to '1' in the XML.
  2. or the path of the favorite volume is not accessible yet when VeraCrypt starts (for example if the volume is on a network share or in a medium that needs time to initialize). Afterwards, the path become accessible but the algorithm that loads the favorites has already finished.
Are you in case 2? This is the most probable explanation.