Taskbar icon

Topics: Feature Requests
Jan 1, 2015 at 12:43 AM
With todays high resolution screens, the VeraCrypt taskbar icon is barely visible, specially to notice when the volumes are mounted (green lock) or not (yellow). Besides the icon is extremely similar in Windows to the omnipresent "Eject media" icon.

It does not need to be change the entire icon color as Truecrypt did, but somewhere in between for sure many would appreciate it.
Jan 7, 2015 at 5:57 PM
I'd suggest a lock with a big stylized "V" -- that would be visually distinctive at the size of a taskbar icon, and changing the color of the lock and/or the "V" would be clearly visible.
Jan 8, 2015 at 9:25 PM
I can see the value of maintaining the same VeraCrypt icon branding like TrueCrypt. In other words, you want you logo to match in the hidden icon section. I agree that the subtle color change is too hard to see and the icon too hard to recognize. Perhaps different background color or bolder lines of the icon will make it easier to see.

I would like to see the entire VeraCrypt icon to change color when volumes are mounted. The TC icon color change leaves no doubt when volumes are mounted or none of the volumes are mounted.

This should be a low priority request. Do we have any graphic artists that can help Mounir with new icon design for the taskbar tray for people to review?