This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Correct Misinformation on Forum

Topics: Users Discussion
Oct 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Can someone with a wilderssecurity.com forum account please correct this statement...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/truecrypt-audit-phase-ii.369433/#post-2422946

Posted by Yuki2718
"VeraCrypt is almost same as TC and has serious performance issue."

I have never been able to post on wilderssecurity.com for some reason, they have some extremely harsh IP blocking otherwise I would have corrected him.

Thank you.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Thank for pointing me to this.

I noticed lately some suspicious activity in forums and even in the issue tracker of VeraCrypt on Sourceforge where anonymous users posts issues without giving any follow up when asked about details. Maybe they are just users who don't know how to use the software or someone is trying to create a false image of VeraCrypt.

This is something difficult to fight against. Of course, there are those who would like TrueCrypt to remains the only open source choice by making the life of other alternatives difficult.

There is a french saying that I would like to use as a conclusion : "Les chiens aboient, la caravane passe."
Oct 30, 2014 at 11:04 PM
You are welcome :)

Don't worry, you have some loyal fans of VerCrypt, you are not on your own. :D

I have this week been on Sourceforge as anonymous, trying to make suggestions to users who claim to have problems. I suggested "Caps Lock", sending you the ISO / backup header and also mentioning to users that a long wait for VeraCrypt to hash the password is actually a good thing :)

You are very kind to make VeraCrypt and soon to be VeraWipe !! I hope you realise that many people really appreciate all your work and hope that you ignore any detractors.

I will be away tomorrow but the next day I hope to be able to get on-line. When I do I will look for bad posts etc on forums and correct them where I can.

Don't worry about good/bad publicity with VeraCrypt, I might be able to help with that when I come back.

Good luck with all that you do and thanks once again for your work on VeraCrypt :)