This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Reduce Feedback Options.

Topics: Feature Requests
Oct 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I have noticed that there is more than one central place for users to contact you, report bugs and make feature requests. This is not a good idea as you will spend a lot of your time reading multiple duplicate reports and requests spread over the available contact options.

As VeraCrypt is gaining popularity I suggest you make a hard and firm decision as to where users should report bugs and make requests.

Having multiple contact options will cause you a lot of unnecessary work in the future. Trying to merge everything at a later date would be a nightmare :)

Please consider having 1 forum (so users can help each other) and 1 contact point to the developer. Perhaps use something like Trac with a ticket system. This way no duplicate tickets will be created and it is easy for you and the users to see what stage each bug or request is at.

I understand this takes time away from VeraCrypt's development but I am sure it will be very helpful when VeraCrypt has hundreds of thousands of users :)

Thanks.
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I agree that having a central place for VeraCrypt is becoming important now that the user base is growing.
As you know, a hosted forum needs maintenance especially for security and for now there is no time to invest on this. That's why we keep using both Codeplex and Sourceforge, the later mainly because it allows anonymous posting.

Things will improve in the future..."Doucement mais surement"!
Nov 5, 2014 at 8:23 PM
OK I understand about time constraints, but it seems a shame not to take advantage of a dedicated forum.

MyBB almost looks after itself with regards to security.

If I can persuade a friend of mine to set up and host a forum for you would you be interested in it ?
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Thank you for your idea and your proposal.
I'll have to think about it and I'll let you know.