This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Favorite Volumes Not Mounting on Login

Topics: Technical Issues
Feb 12 at 4:54 AM
Edited Feb 12 at 4:55 AM
I had a favorite volume configured pre-system encryption that operated as expected. With the "Mount selected volume on logon" option checked - after logging in, Veracrypt presented a window requesting the password.

After encrypting the system with the same password, and ticking the "cache pre-boot authentication password" option - I'm no longer presented the window requesting the password, but the volume doesn't automatically mount either. If I select the volume from the favorites menu or by right-clicking the Veracrypt tray icon and selecting "Mount favorite volumes" it mounts without need of password, as expected.

How can I get this working automatically?
Feb 12 at 3:09 PM
Uncheck the options you enabled and use System Favorites.

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=System%20Favorite%20Volumes
Feb 12 at 5:52 PM
Enigma2Illusion wrote:
Uncheck the options you enabled and use System Favorites.

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=System%20Favorite%20Volumes
That does work - and it's what I've been doing in the interim, however I'd rather the volumes not be mounted for all users. Am I misinterpreting how the favorites are designed to work here? The documentation leads me to believe this /should/ result in the drives being mounted.
Feb 12 at 11:01 PM
Edited Feb 12 at 11:07 PM
System Favorites is pre-OS. Hence, there is no user. System Favorites will mount any volume you add to the System Favorites as part of the mounting of the system drive.

Another way of saying the above statement is the System Favorites is performed as part of the mounting of the OS drive/partition before the user even logins into Windows.
Feb 17 at 12:29 AM
Enigma2Illusion wrote:
System Favorites is pre-OS. Hence, there is no user. System Favorites will mount any volume you add to the System Favorites as part of the mounting of the system drive.

Another way of saying the above statement is the System Favorites is performed as part of the mounting of the OS drive/partition before the user even logins into Windows.
Right, so my understanding of it is correct then. However, this is NOT the behavior I want. I want the drives mounted after windows login by specific users, hence why I was using "favorites" over "system favorites" - but favorites does not appear to function correctly. This is essentially meant to be a bug report, unless I've missed some setting somewhere.