This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Whole Disk Encryption causes "Process has not been completed" alert on every boot

Topics: Technical Issues
Jan 27 at 2:29 PM
Hallo,

I installed veracrypt 1.19 on 3 computers and started a whole disc encryption with aes. After successful encryption i get an message an every Windows (10 Home) boot :

You have scheduled the process of encryption or decryption of the system partition/drive. The process has not been completed yet.Do you want to start (resume) the process now?

If I press yes to continue I got another message:

There is no interrupted process of encryption/decryption of the system partition/drive to resume.\n\nNote: If you want to resume an interrupted process of encryption/decryption of a non-system partition/volume, select 'Volumes' > 'Resume Interrupted Decryption'.

But there are no unfinisehd encryptions. If if check the state of volume C:\ i got 100% encrypted.

Even when I decrypt the disc I still got this messages on Startup.

This behavior you can find on all three computers => Windows 10 Home.

Any ideas?

Christian
Jan 28 at 1:07 PM
Edited Jan 28 at 1:14 PM
Hello Christian,

Perhaps your antivirus or malware protection software is interfering with VeraCrypt.

On the decrypted system in the folder %APPDATA%\VeraCrypt\ remove the file "System Encryption.xml".

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=VeraCrypt%20System%20Files

On the systems that are encrypted but still giving your the prompt to complete the system encryption, look for and remove the file "System Encryption.xml".

You may need to right-click the VeraCrypt icon in the systray area and select Exit.

Reboot PC.
Feb 2 at 12:45 AM
Thanks for your answer, Enigma2Illusion,

it's annoying.

I decrypted the disk and reboot the PC. I still got the message, even no drive is encrypted anymore.
I searched for the "systen encryption.xml" but i could not find it in any directory. I searched also by command line.

So I removed Veracrypt and the message disapeared. I installed veracrypt, disabled all anti Virus, disabled uac, so i do not need to permit special action, started veracrypt as Administrator. While Setting up the disc encryption the "System encryption.xml" is shown the mentioned directory. After 100% encryption and rebooting the file is removed but the message pop ups on every login to Windows.

I am helpless.