This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How do you protect yourself?

Topics: Users Discussion
Dec 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM
How do you protect yourself from malware, spyware, viruses, etc? Please I want to know what everyone says so if someone already answered put your answer also because as I said I want to know what each one says.
Dec 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM
I would Google search for review websites than rely on people's personal opinions. I could say that X is the best AV/Malware software and another person can say Y is the best. Besides, your topic is not about VeraCrypt.
Dec 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM
Enigma2Illusion wrote:
I would Google search for review websites than rely on people's personal opinions. I could say that X is the best AV/Malware software and another person can say Y is the best. Besides, your topic is not about VeraCrypt.
Sorry, I did not want to break the rules of the forum, I just wanted to know how to protect if your opponent tries to do a bypass to veracrypt such as a keylogger
Dec 20, 2016 at 8:35 AM
I'd start with avoiding windows, edge (!!!), internet explorer and I hihgly recommend to avoid google chrome and flash player. Chrome would not be that bad, if it won't leave traces across whole disk, won't have ton load of security bugs, won't have flash integrated, could have webrtc disabled, won't have google behind... Personally I like concept of Qubes OS, which neatly separates different activities using virtual profiles.

Keep in mind, that physical security of your computer is the same important as software security. I don't think that any locks are effective protection against powerful adversaries (such as government), but you can arrange hard to discover particle when leaving, which will at least inform you someone has been in your locked room. Btw. I found interesting and easy to do is what they do at mullvad: https://mullvad.net/blog/2016/12/14/how-tamper-protect-laptop-nail-polish/