This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

after expanding a container using veraCrypt Expander, file system is not recognized

Topics: Technical Issues
Nov 18, 2016 at 5:58 AM
I am a new user and have an issue after expanding a standard container. I hope someone can provide some helpful advice!

I recently created my first standard container approximately 500GB. I later decided to expand it to approximately 750GB using VeraCrypt Expander. The volume did not contain a hidden volume. Expander displayed a message saying that the file system is exFAT (I think) and stated that only the volume will be expanded. I proceeded to expand the volume. I noticed that the progress bar immediately reached approximately 60%. After the expansion process was complete, I mounted the volume using VeraCrypt successfully. However, when I try to read the volume, my machine does not recognize the file system and I cannot access any files at all.

Can anyone help? Can I recover the files that were there before I expanded the container? Are my files all lost forever?
Nov 22, 2016 at 10:32 AM
What OS are you using?
So you are able to secsefullly mount it but not read it after? O.o
You can try restoring the volume header, with 'Volume tools' or 'more options'(when mounting it).