This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is it possible to reinstall windows when I have forgotten my VeraCrypt password?

Topics: Technical Issues
Nov 9, 2016 at 3:27 PM
Hi,

I have my laptop fully encrypted with VeraCrypt and apparently I've forgotten my password. I'm convinced that I am entering the correct password however, when I enter the password I get a message saying it is incorrect. To make things worse, I cannot locate the recovery disk either.

What I need to know is if it is possible to just completely reinstall windows? and if so, how do I go about doing that?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Nov 10, 2016 at 9:50 AM
Just instert windows install dvd, boot from it and reformat the the encrypted drive. Btw. maybe you have correct password, but do you have correct PIM too? I use mix of old and new compuiters and laptops and when I was new to VC, I used PIM on slower ones, because I never wanted to wait stuck on the boot screen for several minutes. So on the slower machines I usually forgot to enter PIM, because normally I don't use it. With correct password and wrong PIM is the result same.