This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Windows 7 Reinstall / System Favourite Volume broken

Topics: Technical Issues
Sep 18, 2016 at 1:32 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2016 at 3:05 PM
Hi,
i had to reinstall my Win7 System. I had one System Favourite volume configured.
After Win7 reinstall i installed latest veracrypt version, encrypted my system volume again with same password and settings as before. But i cant mount the volume anymore. Manually mounting also fails with error 7762. (Version 1.19-beta2)
The volume is a 6tb raid5 array (gpt/nfts). If i remember correctly i had to encrypt the hole disk and to mount (before converted to system favourite volume) i had to use partition0.
When i try to use mount without preboot authentication, veracrypt tells me to specify a partition?
So why can't this be used with partition0?
How add a volume manually to VeraCrypt System Favorite Volumes.xml?
//edit
Got it working again puhh!!
It seens i had not encrypted the entire drive. Only the main data partition of the volume. and not the 128 partition.

so i used mountvol to get the guid of partiton2
and created the System Favorite Volumes.xml in system32. In syswow64 it doesnt work. I dont know why because the documentation states for 64bit system it has to in the syswow64 folder.
I also used 1.17 again because with 1.18 there where reports of users with problems.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<VeraCrypt>
    <favorites>
        <volume mountpoint="S:\" label="Storage" readonly="1">\\?\Volume{11244ca7-2380-4fb2-bb7b-6ead77044661}\</volume>
    </favorites>
</VeraCrypt>