This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installed win 10 now have Issue Source: MountVolume:7762

Topics: Technical Issues
Sep 9, 2016 at 10:26 PM
So I have an encrypted file on a flash drive, I have not accessed it in a while but last time I did there wasn't an issue. Since that time I upgraded from win7 to win10 but now when I got to try and access it I get this VeraCrypt message: Operation Failed due to one or more of the following: Incorrect password. Incorrect Volume PIM number. Incorrect PRF (hash). Not a valid volume. Source: 7762.

Will I not be able to access this anymore? I thought a VeraCrypt file could be opened anywhere as long as VeraCrypt was installed and I had the pass?
Sep 10, 2016 at 3:32 AM
Yes you are correct, a VeraCrypt volume can be opened. I use OSx, Ubuntu, Windows 10, and windows 7 - never had a problem opening up the flash drive. Sounds like - well - you failed to enter the correct password.
Sep 13, 2016 at 7:29 AM
Nope, same pass as it's been for months and months. Even have it written down. I mean is using a different driver letter messing it up it shouldn't? Auto detection should work right?
Sep 13, 2016 at 1:36 PM
Have you tried mounting the file container using the option of the embedded backup header?

What format is the flash drive (not the file container's format)? NTFS or FAT format? Have checked the file and ownership permissions on the file container?

Using a different drive letter will not cause the problem you are reporting nor will using Autodetection.
Sep 13, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Motts420 wrote:
Nope, same pass as it's been for months and months. Even have it written down. I mean is using a different driver letter messing it up it shouldn't? Auto detection should work right?
Can you copy the vc container to your documents folder and mount it from there? It could really be permissions problem. And what about PIM? And truecrypt checkbox? There are a lot combinations which may lead to mount failed even when you have correct password.

Try to mount with backup header (mount options button - check use backup header).
Sep 14, 2016 at 4:36 PM
I had the same problem today.

I have Windows 10 (not yet Redstone update; Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586).
Full drive encryption on second HDD and on my external HDD (connected via eSATA).

It worked all the time. About 3-4 weeks ago I used one of the additional drives last time, already with Vera Crypt 1.18a.
And today: Operation Failed... Source: 7762. On both drives, even after two reboots and a shutdown in between.

Then I installed VeraCrypt 1.18a again, and after a reboot it worked again.

I do not know if some Windows update might have broken something.
Sep 16, 2016 at 12:05 AM
Edited Sep 16, 2016 at 6:47 PM
Reinstalled 1.18a and definitely didn't get the new interface last time, definitely different as you can't select a letter drive anymore. PIM don't know what that is, so I didn't use it or a keyfile. I'll copy the file to a drive and see if that makes a difference. But so far nothings changed :/

update put the file on my HDD to see and same thing not accepting the pass but giving me this message Source: ExpandVolumeWizard:612