This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

VeraCrypt to logon with windows 10 hello

Topics: Feature Requests
Aug 16, 2016 at 9:10 AM
As all of us, we need to remember a lot of passwords today in this electronic world. The most difficult one, is the one you have to crate with veracrypt.
I have a laptop with a fingerprintscanner and i use it to logon in windows 10 with windows hello. Safety is guaranteed by microsoft becauseit handles these passwords better than other fingerprint software.
My question;
Is it possible to mount veracrypt volumes and files with the use of the windows 10 hello software, or together while logging in with your fingerpring. Is it possibly a new project fot vera crypt?

Paul
Aug 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM
There is "Favorite" or "System favorite" volumes possibility.

VeraCrypt tries to mount favorite volumes using cached passwords or system volume password.
Aug 16, 2016 at 9:45 AM
I am not a native Englisch speaking person, could yoy explain how to mount on statup by using system password (fingerprint).

Should i select in favorites, "Mount selected volume upon logon" and / or "Mount selected volume when its host device gets connected" or ??

Paul
Aug 16, 2016 at 9:45 AM
Edited Aug 20, 2016 at 8:10 AM
I tried several options in the settings menu, nothing seems to work. Windows password is the same as the vera crypt password.
What else do i have to think of?
Is there a kind of "How to ..."?