This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multi-Boot Encryption Problem

Topics: Technical Issues
Jul 16, 2016 at 10:30 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2016 at 10:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am using the latest version of VC and my operating system is Ultimate 64Bit. have one (1) disk drive and three (4) partition.My puspose is encrypt whole disk drive.

100MB - System Reserved
117GB - Windows
110GB - Linux
4,37GB - I think Grub Loader has this partition
I am using Linux Grub Boot Loader and i am doing this operation from Windows.

I want to encrypt this disk drive via Multi-Boot encryption but i encountered a problem while i am doing this.

Let me explain.

System -> Encrypt System Partition/Drive -> Normal -> Encrypt Whole Drive -> Encryption of Host Protected Area=No -> Multi-Boot -> Boot Drive=Yes -> When I select Number of System Drives=1 I encountered with this error http://prntscr.com/btl3qk

Where am I doing wrong? Could you please help me about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.
Jul 16, 2016 at 9:53 PM
Who will help me?
Jul 17, 2016 at 2:50 PM
Read what the error says. You can't encrypt the whole drive, when there are present other OSes. But you can encrypt the windows system partition (and other non system partitions). Veracrypt for Linux does not support system encryption, but you can mount containers and partitions from linux.
Jul 21, 2016 at 5:38 PM
testolav,
Please look this link. i made a screenshot.

http://prntscr.com/btl3qk

Therefore, how can i make this project please explain me step by step.

And why don't someone help me ??? Where are the developers???
Jul 21, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Why make life hard for yourself? Do as testoslav suggested.
Jul 21, 2016 at 6:57 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2016 at 6:58 PM
testoslav wrote:
Read what the error says. You can't encrypt the whole drive, when there are present other OSes. But you can encrypt the windows system partition (and other non system partitions). Veracrypt for Linux does not support system encryption, but you can mount containers and partitions from linux.
I understood by theoric but i didn't understand completely. I will encrypt the system partition of Windows but then? There are several steps. Please write the steps for me. And please read my first message and my requests.
Jul 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2016 at 11:11 PM
EstebanLopez Is there anyone to help me? Why nobody help me? I understood what he/she (testolav) said but i don't know how can i do this? I mean there are several steps and i don't want to make wrong thing.
Edit: I made from the beginning and NOT selected Whole System.

Encrypt The Windows System Partition -> Multi Boot -> Boot Drive=Yes -> Number of System Drives=1 -> Non-Windows Boot Loader=Yes -> Image
Jul 30, 2016 at 12:09 PM
Anyone?