This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Hide "VeraCrypt Boot Loader" title from Boot

Topics: Feature Requests, Technical Issues
May 4, 2016 at 11:27 PM
Hi VC,

Is there any way to hide "VeraCrypt Boot Loader" title from the boot screen like DiskCryptor? In DC, there are no title or name of software. Only "Enter password" title comes up.
May 5, 2016 at 1:16 AM
Yes. Search for "pre-boot authentication" in the FAQ.

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=FAQ
May 6, 2016 at 9:36 AM
Hı,

Emergency!

I made hide title, etc. and restarted for test. But when i push a key, it restarts and i cannot enter my password. i couldnt understand why is this?
May 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM
I am writing true password but fake message error is still in there. Please help me i am in trouble. and does it need 2 times writing password for verify or one time?
May 6, 2016 at 10:29 AM
Where is VC engineers?
Coordinator
May 6, 2016 at 10:56 AM
What version of VeraCrypt are you using?
Did you specify a PIM?

If no PIM specified, then when the fake message appears, you have to enter the password and then hit enter twice: the second ENTER is for telling VeraCrypt to use an empty PIM which is the default.

Does it boot now?
May 6, 2016 at 10:59 AM
the latest version dear Idrassi. i didnt specify PIM. when the fake message appears i am trying to enter pass but when i press one key it suddenly restarts. i am using wireless keyboard.

2016-05-06 13:56 GMT+03:00 idrassi <[email removed]>:

What version of VeraCrypt are you using?
Did you specify a PIM?

If no PIM specified, then when the fake message appears, you have to enter the password and then hit enter twice: the second ENTER is for telling VeraCrypt to use an empty PIM which is the default.

Does it boot now?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
May 6, 2016 at 11:27 AM
This is a very weird situation. I suppose you didn't have this issue when the prmpt was displayed.

For now, I don't see any logical explanation for this and it is the first time such reboot on key pressed is reported.

The quickest way to boot again is to use the Rescue Disk to restore the VeraCrypt bootloader. The default behavior will be restored.
Did you burn the rescue disk?
If you only have the ISO file of the Rescue Disk, you can use the procedure I discribed in the following link to create a bootable USB Rescue drive: https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/discussions/644091#PostDetailsCell_1457184

The other option is to connect a wired keyboard (USB or PS2). Maybe there is some unknown side effect of wireless keyboard in the absence of a boot prompt (strange anyway).
May 6, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Idrassi I appreciate you but i solved the problem. Thanks for your quick return and answers. But i dont recommend flashtool. The problem is Wireless Keyboard.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards.

2016-05-06 14:27 GMT+03:00 idrassi <[email removed]>:

This is a very weird situation. I suppose you didn't have this issue when the prmpt was displayed.

For now, I don't see any logical explanation for this and it is the first time such reboot on key pressed is reported.

The quickest way to boot again is to use the Rescue Disk to restore the VeraCrypt bootloader. The default behavior will be restored.
Did you burn the rescue disk?
If you only have the ISO file of the Rescue Disk, you can use the procedure I discribed in the following link to create a bootable USB Rescue drive: https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/discussions/644091#PostDetailsCell_1457184

The other option is to connect a wired keyboard (USB or PS2). Maybe there is some unknown side effect of wireless keyboard in the absence of a boot prompt (strange anyway).

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 6, 2016 at 2:47 PM
Edited May 6, 2016 at 2:47 PM
For future reference, starting with version 1.14 you can press F5 at the bootloader screen to show/hide the values of the password and PIM if you are not sure if the password and/or PIM characters are being correctly transmitted to the bootloader. This information is missing from the manual except in the changelog.
May 6, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Edited May 6, 2016 at 3:24 PM
hasanalizxc wrote:
Where is VC engineers?
To help set people's expectations for support on VeraCrypt, be aware that VeraCrypt support is provided by members helping members in the forums and one developer. There are no guarantees that the developer or a forum member will be able to assist you in your moment of crisis. If you require 7x24 support, I suggest you consider researching and purchasing a commercial encryption product that provides 7x24 support.
May 6, 2016 at 8:29 PM
I had disabled F5 key. And i won't write your 7x24 comment :) But i appreciate to everyone in this forum. I love VC.

Best Regards.

2016-05-06 18:22 GMT+03:00 Enigma2Illusion <[email removed]>:

hasanalizxc wrote:
Where is VC engineers?
To help set people's expectations for support on VeraCrypt, be aware that VeraCrypt support is provided by members helping members in the forums and one developer. There are no guarantees that the developer or a forum member will be able to assist you in your moment of crisis. If you require quick 7x24 support, I suggest you consider researching and purchasing a commercial encryption product that provides 7x24 support.