This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

DiskCryptor and Veracrypt on same PC

Topics: Technical Issues
Apr 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well. I am using DiskCryptor on my Windows Partition and also preboot authentication. My question is can i use Veracrypt with DiskCryptor on same PC? I mean i want to use both of them for secure my PC. Is it possible? I installed the app but i didn't encrypt because i don't want to kill my disk :)

Could you please help me about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.
Apr 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM
hasanalizxc wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well. I am using DiskCryptor on my Windows Partition and also preboot authentication. My question is can i use Veracrypt with DiskCryptor on same PC? I mean i want to use both of them for secure my PC. Is it possible? I installed the app but i didn't encrypt because i don't want to kill my disk :)

Could you please help me about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.
absolutely no problem, i am doing that myself ....
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:34 PM
It is not clear from hasanalizxc question if he intends to use VeraCrypt to encrypt his system or just other disks.

Since he is already using DiskCryptor for system encryption, obviously VeraCrypt can not be used also to encrypt the system: only one software can be used to encrypt Windows at a time. But if he intends to use VeraCrypt to encrypt other disks and partitions, then there is no problem in using VeraCrypt on the same machine as DiskCryptor in order to do that.
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:57 PM
idrassi wrote:
It is not clear from hasanalizxc question if he intends to use VeraCrypt to encrypt his system or just other disks.

Since he is already using DiskCryptor for system encryption, obviously VeraCrypt can not be used also to encrypt the system: only one software can be used to encrypt Windows at a time. But if he intends to use VeraCrypt to encrypt other disks and partitions, then there is no problem in using VeraCrypt on the same machine as DiskCryptor in order to do that.
Thanks for your answer idrassi.
Now should i use only DiskCryptor? But i wanna use two applications for more security. What can you advise me?
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:58 PM
Alex512 wrote:
hasanalizxc wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well. I am using DiskCryptor on my Windows Partition and also preboot authentication. My question is can i use Veracrypt with DiskCryptor on same PC? I mean i want to use both of them for secure my PC. Is it possible? I installed the app but i didn't encrypt because i don't want to kill my disk :)

Could you please help me about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.
absolutely no problem, i am doing that myself ....
idrassi is saying different my brother :) What will i do? I confused.. I want to more security for my disks and partitions. But i don't trust only DiskCryptor.
Apr 27, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Alex512 meant that you can use VeraCrypt on the same machine to encrypt disks/partitions while you can leave DiskCryptor for Windows encryption and pre-boot authentication. I agree that this is possible.

What is not possible is encrypting Windows system with both DiskCryptor and VeraCrypt at the same time.
Apr 28, 2016 at 2:36 AM
All right now understood idrassi. Although, which app you advise me? Anyone can crack Veracrypt or DiskCryptor encryption? Or PGP Symantec Desktop Enterprise Full Disk Encryption? Which one is the best my friend?
Apr 28, 2016 at 5:52 PM
I doubt anyone can crack VC, even the less secure TC was not broken yet. You can use use multiple nested containers, but I think it will add more pain than security. Rather focus on data, that are leaking from mounted system, windows are full of spyware, hidden behind customer experience improvement, crash reports or even security, for example smart screen sends all your executables to MS each time you launch them ;-)
Apr 28, 2016 at 11:09 PM
Hello,

I know RevolutionOS is much better than Windows but i want to encrypt my HDDs with hardware but i dont have money :) I love security, encryption and privacy. Now, that time i will decrypt with DiskCryptor, then remove it and use VC. But i am waiting from idrassi is it crackable :)?

Thanks.
Apr 29, 2016 at 9:21 AM
Edited Apr 29, 2016 at 9:33 AM
idrassi wrote:
Alex512 meant that you can use VeraCrypt on the same machine to encrypt disks/partitions while you can leave DiskCryptor for Windows encryption and pre-boot authentication. I agree that this is possible.

What is not possible is encrypting Windows system with both DiskCryptor and VeraCrypt at the same time.
Absolutely right idrassi.

I am encrypting the partition (not the system partition) with DiskCryptor and then on THAT (encrypted) partition i use VC to create encrypted containers. It works perfectly since many years (even before with TC instead of VC). Absolutely safe with no problems with virtually all versions of VC!

I also have one VC container inside another VC container. Never had issues with VC not being able to cope with that. Never bothered to manually dismount the inner container first and then the outer... simply shut down and go... Works perfectly!

I once tried using DiskCryptor to encrypt the whole system (the C: drive actually), it worked fine for a couple of days and then I lost my data. So no more DiskCryptor for system encryption for sure!
Apr 29, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Alex512 wrote:
idrassi wrote:
Alex512 meant that you can use VeraCrypt on the same machine to encrypt disks/partitions while you can leave DiskCryptor for Windows encryption and pre-boot authentication. I agree that this is possible.

What is not possible is encrypting Windows system with both DiskCryptor and VeraCrypt at the same time.
Absolutely right idrassi.

I am encrypting the partition (not the system partition) with DiskCryptor and then on THAT (encrypted) partition i use VC to create encrypted containers. It works perfectly since many years (even before with TC instead of VC). Absolutely safe with no problems with virtually all versions of VC!

I also have one VC container inside another VC container. Never had issues with VC not being able to cope with that. Never bothered to manually dismount the inner container first and then the outer... simply shut down and go... Works perfectly!

I once tried using DiskCryptor to encrypt the whole system (the C: drive actually), it worked fine for a couple of days and then I lost my data. So no more DiskCryptor for system encryption for sure!
I am using DiskCryptor since a long time and I didn't live any problem with him. But i love security, therefore i want to use more and more encryption on my Disk.
Alex512, could you please help me about setting-up VC accurately. Please e-mail me malware@protonmail.ch
I need your help my friend, i dont want to make wrong on my disks.
May 1, 2016 at 7:09 PM
it is wrong my friend. true address is malwar3@protonmail.ch
please i need your help.