This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

5 volumes mounted -most efficient way?

Topics: Technical Issues
Apr 18, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Hi there!

I have 5 Veracrypt containers located on 4 hard drives running under windows 8.1. Currently, I am prompted for 5 passwords once logged into windows to access my data. With a combination of
keyfiles and the use of "favorites" (or another way) can I mount all five volumes with 1 password??
1 volume mounts with a key file and password, the other 4 are just password mounted.

My first computer was an Atari 800 so I am not new to computers, just encryption!
any help would be appreciated!
Apr 19, 2016 at 2:55 PM
Did you encrypt your OS with VeraCrypt?

If yes, you can use System Favorites and change your other five volumes to match the password and PIM values of the the system encryption password/PIM. No keyfiles.

Otherwise, use Favorites with all five volumes using the same password and PIM. However, the one volume will fail to mount due to the need keyfile(s) unless you remove the keyfiles from the volume. You can make that volume it the last volume to mount.

In you Settings > Preferences, be sure to enable 'Temporary Cache password during "Mount Favorite Volumes" operations'.