This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Assign Win key *alone* as hot key for dismount

Topics: Feature Requests
Mar 31, 2016 at 2:06 AM
Hi,

Windows tablets have a Windows key as the only physical button (aside the volume rocker). It would be VERY convenient to be able to assign it as a hot key for dismount and wipe cache. I use Classic Start Menu and I can disable the Windows key function of opening the start menu so it does nothing. I'd LOVE to assign it to VeraCrypt. As the only physical button it's the fastest and safest way to dismount any sensitive drive/container on the go. Otherwise I have to go hunting for the virtual keyboard and a key combination.

Currently if I tick the "Win" box in the hot keys screen I can't assign it until I choose another key to act as a combination. The assign button should be available if I leave the box empty and just the "Win" box selected. What do you think?
Apr 1, 2016 at 10:00 PM
I doubt it will work, but tablets has more buttons, like power and volume. Have you tried win+volume up, volume up+down?

I think this could be worked around by a screen saver. When you press hardware off button, screen goes dark and veracrypt can be set to dismout when screen saver is launched.