This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Add Option to Minimize To System Tray Option

Topics: Feature Requests
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:17 PM
It would be nice that when the Minimize button is pressed, or maybe even the X (close button) is actually minimized the application to the system tray and not to the main system bar.

Or at least an option to choose that (choose if minimize is in system tray bar or sysytem bar)

So In this way other people that could be around could not know directly that you are using the veracrypt application (which might be at work), and you can access it anyway if you need on the system tray as it would be normally hidden.

Thank you.
Mar 24, 2016 at 4:57 PM
Well your request seems like exactly what veracrypt is doing right now :) The X (or exit button) actually minimizes veracrypt to the tray. You can even right click the tray icon and exit again, so no veracrypt is visble anywhere, not even in the task manager...
Mar 26, 2016 at 3:24 AM
Thank you, but for which version are you taking about? I am using 1.17 and the X button closes the application completely.

Thanks and Best Regards.
Apr 6, 2016 at 7:01 AM
Actually after using it a little bit more. I have realized that the X button really minimizes to the system tray as you say, but ONLY after the volume is MOUNTED, if for some reason the volume has not been mounted or if it was dismounted automatically the X will close completely the program.

Of course that is you choice, I just would like at least that the minimize button always put on the system tray, I mean look for a way to avoid to close the program involuntarily but at the same time have it a little bit hidden.

Thanks anyway for your great work.
Apr 7, 2016 at 10:55 AM
There's no reason for minimize to tray, actaully I like it minimized on the askbar when I want to have it there minimized. When you want to "minimize" to tray, that's what X is for. Veracrypt exits only when you have ticked "Exit when there are no mounted volumes" in preferences ;) Otherwise it works as you would expect.
Apr 7, 2016 at 3:07 PM
That preference is not available if VC is being run as a portable app; it is only when it is "fully" installed that it becomes a selectable option in preferences.