This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

pictures inside cache

Topics: Technical Issues
Mar 5, 2016 at 3:37 PM
Hi to all,

I need your help. When I work on mounted veracrypt disk, i can see all inside it, as right. When I dismount disk, I noticed that i can see the pictures stored in cache.
For Example: if I use Adobe Bridge to menage my images, it stores small preview pictures in a cache. If I unmount veracrypt disk, that images remain in the cache and I can see they.
My question is: Is the same for others files too?
Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Mar 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Hello,

The only real solution is system encryption. There are many ways that data is leaked by both Windows and applications. There are third party tools that can be run to determine the time the volume was mounted/dismounted and which Windows account performed the action. You can Google search for Windows Forensic Tool.

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Security%20Requirements%20and%20Precautions
Mar 7, 2016 at 7:52 AM
You can use privazer, which tries to delete many of the well known traces that windows leave behind. It cleans the image thumbcache placed by windows, but I don't know about adobe's. There are many traces left behind - MRUs, caches, histories, you name it, spread across the hard drive and registry. These are specific for every application you may have ever used, so the only way to be sure is to have whole system encrypted as Enigma suggested.