This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Issue with Continuing Encryption

Topics: Technical Issues
Feb 25, 2016 at 6:11 PM
Not sure HOW this happened I had to differ to do a reboot had done this twice already since it was a good size drive I am encrypting. The issue is that this time when I try to continue it's giving me several dif messages. Telling me either a bad PIM incorrect Drive or wrong password. To which I know it's none of the above. Can anyone please tell me IF you have seen this issue and if so how you were able to resolve it.

Another question I have is WHERE exactly does veracrypt save the Encryption Data when it begins an encryption. It must log it somewhere so that it knows what % etc it was at in the previous process..
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:17 PM
If my understanding is correct, you were able to resume the encryption twice but the third time VeraCrypt could not resume the encryption.
Since you are sure that you are using the correct password and you are selecting the correct partition (through the selection dialog), then the only explanation is that your drive was modified somehow or it is not working properly.
A small test that you can do to check this is to try to mount the partition using VeraCrypt and in the mount options dialog, check the option to use the embedded backup header as indicated in the screenshot below. What error message do you receive when you do this?

Concerning the encryption state, it is saved in the disk directly and not in an external file. This way, you an resume the encryption operation in another machine.

VeraCryptMountBackupHeader
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:39 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2016 at 10:40 PM
idrassi,
TY so much, that is what I figured it now tells me the same thing bad PIM, PW and or bad HASH or Volume.. Same as before.. Just wanted to let you know.. TY
It shows a Resume error :338 it's also kind of strange when I attempted to resume the other day, BTW got stressed so left it alone for several days before I through the dang thing.. LOL If people ONLY knew how stressful our job is..

But when I attempted to continue the Encryption it comes to the end then tells me NO valid NTFS, I sincerely appreciate the help I HATE asking for help ever BUT this one is Imperative...

idrassi TY so much again,