This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Auto-mount slow

Topics: Users Discussion
Feb 17, 2016 at 1:26 PM
I have one drive partitioned into c:\ & e:\, for system and data respectively. (I've done this as I had issues with VC not allowing W10 to do a big TH2 update and had to decrypt to make it work-thus I only have 50gb and not 1tb do decrypt next time this fails!) I've an AMD A10-87000P aes hardware-accelerated laptop.

c:\ is system-partition encrypted, e:\ is my User drive.

I want to mount the user dive upon any user logon, but if I use 'mount all device-hosted volumes' on startup my takes much longer to boot/log in to each user account. If I start a scheduled task of 'veracrypt /q /s /l e /v \Device\Harddisk0\Partition4' it's much faster and no noticeable slowdown is experienced logging into accounts.

Clearly, VC's ant0-mount feature is the proper way I should be doing this, but I cannot bear the slowdown.

Am I doing something wrong, or should this way be prefereble? I'm using the latest 1.17 version.
Feb 21, 2016 at 7:51 PM
As a test, try changing your preferred default mount hash from Autodetection to the appropriate hash in Settings > Default Mount Parameters.

If the value is set to Autodetection, VeraCrypt has to try all the various hash algorithms and wait for the results to determine which hash unlocked the header.