This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

no iso check switch help - to avoid burning cd because I don't have a rom

Topics: Technical Issues
Nov 6, 2015 at 3:04 AM
I'm trying to get /noisocheck to work but I'm not sure how to use switches.

Maybe someone can help.

In the Microsoft 7 command line window I type the following:

veracrypt format.exe/noisocheck
Then veracrypt loads but veracrypt is still forcing me to insert a disc to burn.

when I type:
veracrypt format.exe /noisocheck
Then I get a reply that says "bad switch"

I don't know the correct syntax, where to put the space or the switch

Please help
Nov 6, 2015 at 4:31 AM
Assuming you have installed VeraCrypt in the default location, using the command line as Administrator, type the following including the double quotes:

"C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Format.exe" /noisocheck
Nov 6, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Ah thanks. I've never used quotes before in the MS Command prompt.

works!
Nov 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM
The reason you have to use the double quotes is if a space exists in the directory or file name.
Nov 9, 2015 at 2:23 AM
If I may add my 2 cents worth - why not just create the ISO file, let VeraCrypt check it as usual after the create process, once complete, copy / move the file to a safe place off the encrypted drive, it never normally needs to be burned to plastic unless your encrypted volume has a glitch anyway. Another option [if your device supports it] - I suppose you could create a bootable USB drive with something like Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way although I have never actually tried using the VeraCrypt ISO this way - yet.

Microsoft Virtual CD-Rom - I have used this virtual rom method since early days of TrueCrypt, it was suggested to me by someone else in a forum some where. You never know when the boot CD will be required [if ever] but will / may come in handy if / when things go south. I appreciate you do not have a CDRom drive but this can be worked out if the ISO every needs to be put to use.

The Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM drive download can be found here - Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel and a "how to use it" you could use Mount ISO disk image files or any of a number of other sites.