This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Shut down

Topics: Technical Issues
Nov 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM
Hi guys

I tested the conversion from truecrypt to Veracrypy, this seems to be resolved, no duplicate
drive anymore
dismounting a Veracrypt drive takes a long time compared to Truecrypt
Can shutting down the computer without dismounting Veracrypt drives give a problem
of loosing data as dismounting takes a long time ?

ici
Nov 5, 2015 at 1:11 AM
I notice no difference between TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt dismount times on my system. How long is it taking to manually dismount a volume on your system?

Are the volumes file containers, partitions or drive volumes?
Nov 7, 2015 at 8:34 AM
Hey Enigma2Illusion
Truecrypt and Veracrypt is on my system
The C disk is the windows disk and is never encrypted, i use Bootit NG from https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootit-next-generation.htm for years
to boot different O.S.
I am usiing modified Windows 7 and use Bootit to boot from a working Windows 7 to a testversion.
the testversions are finished,everything i could think of and what i am using is working,no microsoft shit in my windows
My windows7 pro 64bit is 1,246259200 MB, you can have one to test if you like, it is only English,
it can be updated the normal way, but i do not like microsift shit,
You can update any windows 7 regularly here, it is a russian site, i use it for years and the shit is taken out
http://update7.simplix.info/ , that is the developer

When I mount a volume with Truecrypt it is nearly instantly
When I mount the same volume with Veracrypt it takes time,but that was mentioned
When I dismount a volume with Truecrypt it is nearly instantly
When I dismount the same volume with Veracrypt it takes time,but I did not see it mentioned
That the gost drive is fixed is a big improvelent, if the most problems are solved later ,then i will surely switch to Veracrypt
I thank You very much that You are upgrading Truecrypt through Veracrypt, it is a big job
Microsoft i will never trust,but it is a good operating system once cleaned

icy