This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Deny internet access

Topics: Feature Requests
Oct 29, 2015 at 9:50 AM
I know this has nothing to do with encryption (its more a firewall thing), but still... it would be a great idea if VC could implement a security feature to block internet access (unless explicitly allowed or initiated) to mounted volumes.

Is such an option feasible?
Nov 8, 2015 at 3:55 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2015 at 3:57 PM
How would this be beneficial? I can’t really see how this could be really beneficial to anyone. If your internet access can be breached or your computer’s mounted drive be seen, read or files taken from it I would be more worried about that and not disabling my internet as a work-around.

Imagine how much data somebody could actually get while you’re surfing the internet whenever your drive or drives are encrypted or not.

I think you should be more worried about your internet and PC security while connected to the internet and not disabling your internet.
Nov 8, 2015 at 6:30 PM
SarDamien, i wrote "block internet access to mounted volumes", i never fancied blocking internet all together :)
Nov 9, 2015 at 12:42 AM
Hi Alex,

To be quite honest that should be done by your computers security and not by the program itself. I have to be honest I don't really see this as a feature that could be used for vera crypt this needs to be down to the users security and how they configure their computer and network security.
Nov 11, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2015 at 9:11 PM
Alex512 wrote:
Is such an option feasible?
No, it is not.

But the request indicates that there are many users that appear to be in the need of the security that this program potentially provides, yet toil under the mistaken impression that a computer running internet-connected Windows (or OSX!) operating system can be made secure.

It can not.

(I'm simply informing you; I am not at all making an attempt to convince you. You do as you see fit and as you please).

Kormoran