This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unabloe to mount Truecrypt volume

Topics: Technical Issues
Sep 29, 2015 at 9:51 PM
Using Win7 x64 and Truecrypt 7.1a and just installed Veracrypt. Unable to mount a Truecrypt volume. Getting MountVolume6948 error. Tried multiple times with and without the Truecrypt Mode enabled.
Sep 29, 2015 at 9:54 PM
What version of TrueCrypt was used to create the volume?

VeraCrypt only supports TrueCrypt 6.0 or higher versions for mounting in TrueCrypt mode.
Sep 29, 2015 at 10:08 PM
I have been using TrueCrypt for years and have expanded this volume over the years in Truecrypt and am able to mount it in Truecrypt 7.1a with no problem.
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:36 AM
It still could be that it's in an old format.
Since TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt can run next to each other, I would try to open the volume with TreuCrypt, then do a password change on the container.
I think that should upgrade the volume to the new version.

Then try to open it the VeraCrypt.
Sep 30, 2015 at 2:32 PM
AlbertJohn wrote:
It still could be that it's in an old format.
Since TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt can run next to each other, I would try to open the volume with TreuCrypt, then do a password change on the container.
I think that should upgrade the volume to the new version.

Then try to open it the VeraCrypt.
Sorry but that did not help. I used TrueCrypt to change the password on the unmounted volume and then tried opening it in Veracrypt. When I selected TrueCrypt mode it error out right away. When I did not use Truecrypt mode it took longer but still errored out with the same message!