Upgraded Veracrypt from v1.0e to v1.14 and old batch file won't work now

Topics: Technical Issues
Sep 23, 2015 at 9:24 PM
Hello,
I have a volume that needs to mount at logon/startup to a specific drive letter. I have had this same batch file working since TrueCrypt and from the first version of VC I installed.
I call the batch file from a scheduled windows task typically. It does not work with this method or with directly running the file.
The container (FV) is located on a separate drive (D:).

::Runs veracrypt and mounts the FV container to P using the specified password without opening the main window

"C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe" /q /v "D:\PDM\FV" /lp /a /p PASSWORD /q

@Echo off

exit

This file returns an error now "Error while parsing command line"
Any ideas? I'm not a programmer, just a hack so its easy for me to screw things up, I welcome any critique or suggestions. Please let me know if you see something.
Thank you!
Sep 23, 2015 at 10:21 PM
Hello,

From the VeraCrypt release notes:

Make command line argument parsing more strict and robust (e.g. /lz rejected, must be /l z)
You need to put a space between the switch and parameter for your drive letter assignment as shown below.

/l p

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Command%20Line%20Usage
Sep 24, 2015 at 7:02 AM
Thank you very much for showing me that! I did check the release notes and I recalled seeing that change and I even went in to change that very syntax, then I checked the examples in the command line help files which still showed the old syntax and second guessed myself before I even tried it. I need to have a bit more faith next time.

Thanks again for your quick and accurate help!

Jason
Sep 24, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Hello Jason,

I have sent a message to the developer to correct the command line examples with the new format. Thank you for mentioning the inconsistency in the documentation.

Kind Regards.