Any update on UEFI/GPT boot volume encryption?

Topics: Feature Requests
May 24, 2015 at 4:49 AM
Is there any rough time frame as to when support for encryption on GPT partition tables with a UEFI bios would be available for Mac users? I know writing a program for boot volume encryption on Mac is really challenging with a uefi bios. Does this feature plan to have support for Macs that are setup to dual boot? As far as Filevault 2 goes, there is no other program for boot volume encryption for Mac, and it doesn't even support dual booting. I was just wondering as to when these features may be available.
Thanks!
Coordinator
May 24, 2015 at 11:52 AM
There are no plans to support system encryption on MacOSX or Linux. Only Windows is supported and Windows UEFI support is planned (although it is on standby on the development side).

Of course, VeraCrypt is open to contributions from others on system encryption for MacOSX or Linux, so if any one can help, you are welcomed.
Jan 10, 2016 at 8:27 AM
are there any news on development of vc on crypting system uefi partition? Since now no I did not found any other freeware software

thank you
Feb 19, 2016 at 5:17 PM
Any update to this? UEFI/GPT boot volume encryption is a must since this is the new model for PCs. I prefer not to switch over to a legacy mode just to be able to encrypt my drive.

Can you release a statement to the community with plans for this development? Thank you!