Failing to create a vault even with administrator access

Topics: Technical Issues
Mar 18, 2015 at 1:19 PM
I have full admin access to my machine. I am trying to create a container on a 2tb portable USD drive. I have formatted the drive for NTSE and always select the option saying I need to save files over 4gb when setting up the volume. I have tried to create a standard volume and tried the option "encrypt the system partition or entire system drive". Every time it finishes by telling me it cannot create a volume as I do not have admin privileges. I do. Any suggestions?
Mar 18, 2015 at 1:48 PM
You have admin privileges, but the program maybe don't recognize. Did you start it in admin mode??
Mar 18, 2015 at 4:09 PM
I have tried to create a standard volume and tried the option "encrypt the system partition or entire system drive".
The "encrypt the system partition or entire system drive" option is only for encrypting your OS partition or the entire system drive. In other words, system encryption. You are attempting to create a file container on a 2 TB USB drive.

From your description, you need to take ownership of this drive. Was this external drive used on another computer and you are trying to use it for the first time on a different PC?

Have you been able to modify and save existing files on the external drive?